Ground Effects For 2006 Is250

Just purchased IS250 and was wondering if anyone had come across pictures of the Lexus Ground Effects kit that is an optional purchase. Also if you knew what price lexus was asking .

Try here: http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?Su...107&ModelID=150

$1155 for the ground effects kit sounds expensive. I enquired in Westside Lexus, Houston and was told it isn't available until springtime. :whistles:

Just purchased IS250 and was wondering if anyone had come across pictures of the Lexus Ground Effects kit that is an optional purchase. Also if you knew what price lexus was asking .

The dealer has it selling for 470+ for just the front and the side is the same price. The wing runs around 200+ So you are looking at around 1K. Don't get the rear bumper skirt. Its just an add on that just covers the bottom of the bumper. Drilling is a pain on the rear wing. If you have patience your can get the front and the wing done because drilling is needed. The side skirt is easy to put on. No drilling required.

Since the dealer forgot to tell me that the bumper was repainted due to color not matching when they got it from the factory, they gave me the kit at cost. Which I paid for the front, side, rear and wing out the door for $1300. Since the rear did not make any difference to the car, I just gave it back. Here is my site and I have a few video clips of my car.

dsc00255.jpg

http://home.pacbell.net/tumali

• 1 month later...

I have the 2006 IS350 Red with full body kit. The front has gap problems in the front corners and the rear will be a cleaning nightmare; due to the way this fits to the car the dirt, rain, etc. comes in from the top. Because of these problems, my dealership had the car taken to a body shop where all the add on's are now one. Careful with the add ons. In my opionion, without making them one peice (bumper + body kit) you will have problems. The sides do not need to be dealt with at the body shop as they bolt on clean and tight. Now that all the work has been completed....it is going back to the dealership because of paint chip problems between add on's and original body panels. We will see what the out come is when the fix is done. Outside of those problems, the car looks AWESOME with the kit! I also chromed the wheels and tinted the windows.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my Smokey granite IS350 here in houston. they told me the ground effects arent avaliable yet :(

but yet ive seen others (not here) with it.

Was that at Westside? I'm not very impressed after my experiences with them. There's only one guy in the Parts department I have any time for (Richard Crowe), as he's most helpful.

In general they're more expensive than most, and when I queried the difference between their prices and those of Sewell Lexus in Dallas for a relacement alloy pedal set and ground effects kit, I was told that it wasn't the business they were interested in!! Presume this meant supply of parts to customers for self fitting. Also said they wouldn't fit the Ground effects kit as they had a bad experience in fitting one as a dealer option on a new 350. :( Wasn't an option I was interested in as my IS250 is in the UK :D

I just got my Smokey granite IS350 here in houston. they told me the ground effects arent avaliable yet :(

Was that at Westside? I'm not very impressed after my experiences with them. There's only one guy in the Parts department I have any time for (Richard Crowe), as he's most helpful.

In general they're more expensive than most, and when I queried the difference between their prices and those of Sewell Lexus in Dallas for a relacement alloy pedal set and ground effects kit, I was told that it wasn't the business they were interested in!! Presume this meant supply of parts to customers for self fitting. Also said they wouldn't fit the Ground effects kit as they had a bad experience in fitting one as a dealer option on a new 350. :( Wasn't an option I was interested in as my IS250 is in the UK :D

It was actually at Northside Lexus, I went there b/c I knew someone that worked there, however I really live close to Westside.

• 2 years later...

It was actually at Northside Lexus, I went there b/c I knew someone that worked there, however I really live close to Westside.

call the lexus dealership in ARIZONA. i was driving back from california to texas and had to stop at the dealership there. they had the kit for 835 bucks only!!!!