Best Non-synthetic Oil?

Sweet95LS400

Does anyone use non-synthetic oil in their car? I have used both but since I maintain very strict change intervals (3000 or less) I like to just stick with regular oil since its what the car has always gotten. I try to stay away from Pennzoil and Quaker State, those both make the engine run with more valvetrain noise. They also dont seem to do a good job at very cold startup since, again, the engine is much noisier. I have found that Castrol GTX works well, holds up well and offers good protection (or at least it is much quieter). Anyone have any suggestions?

i just recently started using Castrol GTX as well. No issues for me n the 3 cars i've been doing oil changes on.

Tom

Does anyone use non-synthetic oil in their car? I have used both but since I maintain very strict change intervals (3000 or less) I like to just stick with regular oil since its what the car has always gotten. I try to stay away from Pennzoil and Quaker State, those both make the engine run with more valvetrain noise. They also dont seem to do a good job at very cold startup since, again, the engine is much noisier. I have found that Castrol GTX works well, holds up well and offers good protection (or at least it is much quieter). Anyone have any suggestions?

How many miles on your car? :unsure:

If higher mileage, you might want to consider a 'higher mileage' dino oil.....from what I have heard & read, they perform well. B)

:cheers:

I used the high mileage stuff for about 10k miles on my car. I then switched over to mobile one full synthetic at 100k. Made the engine a lot quieter and have had no problems other than the walmart tech stripping out the threads in the oil pan. Sweet, I think you'll like the mobile one synth 5w30 stuff. I love it!