Is Stock Sound System - Any Good?

bun

how do you guys like the stock sound system in the 2006 IS models? is it any good? the stock system is described as:

"13-speaker 194-watt Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer."

i hate to dish out more dough for mark levinson, but decent quality sound is important too. as long as it sounds better than a sound system i would find in a hyundai, it would be all good.

how do you guys like the stock sound system in the 2006 IS models? is it any good? the stock system is described as:

"13-speaker 194-watt Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer."

i hate to dish out more dough for mark levinson, but decent quality sound is important too. as long as it sounds better than a sound system i would find in a hyundai, it would be all good.

I ahve a IS 350 with nav, but the stock sound system. The stock sound system is very good. It is very loud and crystal clear. The only thing I have noticed is that the MP3 player volume is very low in comparison to CDs or radio. However, you can always turn up the volume to compensate.

I ahve a IS 350 with nav, but the stock sound system. The stock sound system is very good. It is very loud and crystal clear. The only thing I have noticed is that the MP3 player volume is very low in comparison to CDs or radio. However, you can always turn up the volume to compensate.

FYI:

Just a tip but the audio level in your MP3 files may be low. You can adjust that when encoding from a CD, or if you downloaded the MP3s of the net or something, Itunes will correct the low volume issue....

I'm impressed with stock sound system. I was thinking about getting after-market system, but I changed my mind after hearing stock.

As far as the mp3 player.. I use the ipod and the only time the sound is low is when I have it set low on my ipod. I just turn the volume max for ipod and its louder then my cd and radio..

My co-worker who has an older version of Lexus tease me for not getting nav system and ML system, but I dont regret not getting it at all.

I was impressed with the highs with the ML sound system. If you are use to after market sound systems, the highs are probably the only thing you will be fully satisfied with. I am currently shopping for an upgrade with the mids, lows, and if i get a good deal, i will also upgrade the highs. Either way you go, it will definitely sound better than anything a Hyundai will ever put in there’s. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to wake this subject up again...

My recent visit to the dealer was unsatisfactory, to say the least.

Has anyone heard both the stock and ML systems and compared?

I see the differences being one speaker, 100 watts and the ability to play DVDs....

But has anyone actually compared the 2?

I'm sure both systems are good, but how to they compare to each other?

Is it worth the $3,000 - $4,000 jump in price?

I'm in need of a stereo which won't fade out while on the highway with the windows open.

I like feeling the music as much as I like hearing it as well.

Does the stock system hold up

another side question.... does any one else have the rear deck vibrate and make noise when you are on the volume???

I suppose that would make sense, being that the sub is housed there, but I wouldn't expect it to happen in the Lexus.