1994 Es 300 Oxygen Sensor Locations & Names

DKRC-2003

OK, just want to make sure here that I have got this figured out from everyone's previous posts:

I am referring to the 1994 ES 300:

There are Three O2 sensors (aka Oxygen Sensors aka Air Fuel Sensor)

They are named:

Bank 1 Sensor 1 (Located between the Firewall and Engine)

Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Located on the exhaust pipe after the Catalytic Converter)

Bank 2 Sensor 1 (Located between the Engine and Radiator)

This is the Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 Sensor (2 pictures):

(Sensor is between Firewall and Engine)

post-13241-1140380891_thumb.jpg

(Sensor is lit up with my flashlight)

post-13241-1140380910_thumb.jpg

This is the Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 Sensor:

post-13241-1140380924_thumb.jpg

I did not get a pic of the Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Too cold outside...and I do not have any ramps or jacks)

Did I get this right or did I really hose this up?

I have to replace B1S1 (between Firewall and Engine) per the Lexus dealer (CEL light lit-wont pass inspection); can I just replace this sensor or do I have replace both B1S1 and B2S1 (the two before the catalytic converter) or all three at the same time??

Thanks in advance!!

I have to replace B1S1 (between Firewall and Engine) per the Lexus dealer (CEL light lit-wont pass inspection); can I just replace this sensor or do I have replace both B1S1 and B2S1 (the two before the catalytic converter) or all three at the same time??

Thanks in advance!!

If you are just trying to pass inspection, then I believe replacing just the B1S1 should be fine. You may have already realized how tight of a space it is to reach into and get the O2 sensor being located near the firewall on the right bank, but it can be done without going to a dealership or service shop. All you need to do is get a 7/8" (or 22 mm) wrench to remove the sensor and unclip the wiring harness from the sensor. Reverse the steps for installing a new sensor, and there you go :)