20 Inch Wheels!

phatblak200

hi guys from Australia!

im wanting to put a set of 20inch wheels on my IS200 but no one where i live has done it and can offer any advice or problems.

so has anyone on this board done it? if so did you encounter any problems? any scraping? could you still turn the wheel lock to lock?

any advice would be great.

• 2 years later...

20's are way to big to fit on this car I have 19's on my car and i dropped it 1 inch and the tire rub whenever i turn the wheel to far and also when ever you hit and speed bump or dip the rim might hit the fender. I suggest you put 18 and also the tire will be a lot cheaper.

I sold my Sports Grill 2 a guy in Australia & he said he had 20`s on his i was well shoked :o

asked 4 pics but he never sent me any :(

I'LL HAVE MY 20'S BY WEDNESDAY. I ORDERED 20X7.5 WITH A 35/38 OFFSET...CANT REMEMBER. I'LL POST PICS TOO. MY FRIEND HAD 20X7.5 ON HIS 96 CAMRY (THEY HAVE SIMILAR SUSPENSION) AND IT DIDNT RUB OR ANYTHING. I RECENTLY MOVED AND IN THE AREA I LIVE NOW THERE'S A GUY WITH 22'S ON A 96 CAMRY WITH NO SUSPENSION MODS AND HE ADVISED THAT HE HAS NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS....ITS ALL ABOUT SELECTING THE RIGHT TIRES AND THE CORRECT WIDTH. FOR THE FRONT TO CLEAR YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET 7.5 AND YOU COULD MAYBE GO 8.5 ON REAR....BUT I WOULDNT PUSH IT WITH 20'S.

PLz dont put 20s on an IS that looks horrible on them ive seen one but cant find it anymore HORRIBLE lol

I found this on on the net....its NOT mine.

20x8 (42offset)

Motegi DP-1 Black w/polished lip

Nitto NeoGen 225/30/20

post-64343-1204612644_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1204612628_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1204612573_thumb.jpg

I sold my Sports Grill 2 a guy in Australia & he said he had 20`s on his i was well shoked :o

asked 4 pics but he never sent me any :(

I'LL HAVE MY 20'S BY WEDNESDAY. I ORDERED 20X7.5 WITH A 35/38 OFFSET...CANT REMEMBER. I'LL POST PICS TOO. MY FRIEND HAD 20X7.5 ON HIS 96 CAMRY (THEY HAVE SIMILAR SUSPENSION) AND IT DIDNT RUB OR ANYTHING. I RECENTLY MOVED AND IN THE AREA I LIVE NOW THERE'S A GUY WITH 22'S ON A 96 CAMRY WITH NO SUSPENSION MODS AND HE ADVISED THAT HE HAS NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS....ITS ALL ABOUT SELECTING THE RIGHT TIRES AND THE CORRECT WIDTH. FOR THE FRONT TO CLEAR YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET 7.5 AND YOU COULD MAYBE GO 8.5 ON REAR....BUT I WOULDNT PUSH IT WITH 20'S.

Nice 1 love Lexus Pics ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 20's on my IS300 now. LOL. All these dudes on here talk to much about what they dont know, I see.

20x7.5 Chrome Wheels

35 offset

225/30/20 tires

No rubs, can turn the full radius

Still burn rubber...NO COMPLAINTS.....ONLY COMPLIMENTS.

I'm still going to get some 18's for racing.

post-64343-1206394181_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1206394194_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1206394224_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1206394249_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1206394269_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1206394304_thumb.jpg

post-64343-1206394328_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I have 20's on my IS300 now. LOL. All these dudes on here talk to much about what they dont know, I see.

20x7.5 Chrome Wheels

35 offset

225/30/20 tires

im Looking at getting 20's for my 01 is300 and it looks great on your car. just wanna make sure before i drop 2 grand on them that they dont rub ? and was there anything that had to be done for it not to rub?????

hey guys,

i have 20's on my is250..20x9 in the front and 20x10 in the rear..

yes sounds pretty crazy but they work. the rear ones were fine but the front did rub a little while turning so all i did was i heated the inside wall and pushed it in a bit..don't worry it does not affect or cause any damage to anything. its just a plastic case.

now they work perfectly alright.

ill take some pics and post them up for you :)

peace

20x7.5 Chrome Wheels

35 offset

225/30/20 tires

im Looking at getting 20's for my 01 is300 and it looks great on your car. just wanna make sure before i drop 2 grand on them that they dont rub ? and was there anything that had to be done for it not to rub?????

I have not done any mods to the suspension and all interior is still in car. I just purchased the wheels and tires and put them on straight out the box. I only had the car for a month at the time

• 3 weeks later...
20s will deff put your brakes at a mechanical disadvantage...

YOU CAN GO 20X7.5 WITH A 42/45 OFFSET. THEY WILL FIT NO PROBLEM. PLUS 20'S ARE CHEAPER AND EASIER TO RESALE.

thinking of buying 20 inch rims,they have 225/35/20 tires on them. think they'll fit?

20x7.5 Chrome Wheels

35 offset

225/30/20 tires

I have not done any mods to the suspension and all interior is still in car. I just purchased the wheels and tires and put them on straight out the box. I only had the car for a month at the time

you think 225/35/20 is going to fit o.k.?

20x7.5 Chrome Wheels

35 offset

225/30/20 tires

It may or may not have issues.. When you go up in number ie30,35,40,45 on the second set of numbers thats more sidewall. But its not much but every cm counts. :) 225/35 is 35% of 225. That number will be how tall the sidewall will be.

20x7.5 Chrome Wheels

35 offset

225/30/20 tires

It may or may not have issues.. When you go up in number ie30,35,40,45 on the second set of numbers thats more sidewall. But its not much but every cm counts. :) 225/35 is 35% of 225. That number will be how tall the sidewall will be.

thanks a lot.going to try them on will let you know how it went.