Advise Need It.

Miguel

I'm looking to buy my first lexus is an 1994 ES300 with 149,000.00 miles the car needs a little body work, I don't really care about all that because is not that much, I drove the car around to day and it felt really good with a lot of power when I step on the gas, wich I did a couple of times :D. Other than the staring wheel shaking a bit I didn't felt anything wrong with the car. But my question is this the speeddometer light the one of the stick that tells you how fast you're going is off not working so is the Gas one and the Stackdometer ( sorry for missspelling ) is that fixable?, not only that there is a light on the far right hand side, is on but I don't know what it is for, and the engine light is on.

Before I comit every penny I owned ( not much ) but is all I got I will like to know if you guys think I should take this car to a mechanic, after doing alot of reading here I will do the code test tomorrow to see the numbers that I come up with. Oh he wants $2800.00 for the car.

I will really appreciated any comments or suggestions from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

You can pay $200 a needle assembly from Lexus, or hit up the ClubLexus moderator O.L.T. He does custom needles / backlights / climate/radio backlighting. http://lextech.org/

Go to Autozone, or some parts store. Most will scan it for free. Write down the codes & buy nothing until someone not trying to sell you something tells you to buy something.

Tell them it's a '96. Most are dumb & don't realize your '94 is OBD-II compliant.

Register your car Lexus.com.

They'll send you a free owners manual 1ce every month if you request one. (They take for f'ing ever to mail them & they look like a cheap copier did the printing... But they are free!)

AFA the shaking, it could be a bunch of things, but start with checking the tires, tire pressure (I recommened 38psi), and have them balanced & aligned correctly. Check the steering out too. Didn't the '94's have a bad bushing covered under a TSIB? I forget, it's 2:30am.

Download the 1994 Camry FSM.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=425159

Are you talking about the one that said Diagnostic on it. if it is they told me that the plug they have wont fit on that plug, they send me to pep boys but they carry a 70.00$ tag :( any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

codes.png

Use a paperclip to connect the two terminals shown in the pic...

I use the second connector(check connector) that is found under the hood on the passenger side near the firewall.

I think yours should be the same.

YOU MAY WANT TO CONFIRM THAT YOURS IS THE SAME FIRST.

Follow the instructions in the pic....SST= paperclip :)

~Archi

I thought there was also an OBDII under the hood (at least I thought there was on my '95).

Forget Autozone - you need a mechanic to look at that car. I wouldn't buy it unless I knew for sure what the wobble inthe steering is. It could be something expensive.

Hey I haven't had time to do the manual test yet I'll get to it tomorrow the wobble is the car needs new tires the ones up front are no good, and a minor aligment... other than that it drive really good the engine sound good, and the transmition shifts great..

Well in the diagnostics port that is located in the engine area... it's normal to find grease there. So don't worry if u see grease. It's meant to b that way. Well ur suppose to b able to pull the diagnostic's code from Autozone since urs is a OBDII. But since i guess they can't find it... do wut Archi said. U can do it urself. U just need a paper clip... n connect the TE1 n E1 together... meaning... one end of the paperclip will go to TE1... n the other end will go into E1. Then u can turn the keys to the ON position... n count the blinks. It'll repeat... so don't worrie if u don't get it the first time. Plus if there r multiple codes... it will display them all... n then repeat.

U can download the FSM for ur particular car (it is stickied above this particular posting area)... Santarme supplied that as a wonderful X-mas gift. There is a lot of info there too.

In case... here is a website that can help u too:

http://www.troublecodes.net/Lexus/

N e other questions wut the codes mean... u can do a search or u can post it if the search yields no information... or u need a more indepth info.

Good luck.

Tom