Stereo Has No Sound

dwmackay

I have an 98 LS400. About a month ago the radio stopped making any sound. All of the station setting works fine, the CD player works fine, but there is no sound at all. Even when I turn the volume all the way up there is nothing, no hum or anything. Does this sound like the amplifier or the head unit? I think it is the amp, but I am not even certian this stereo has a seperate amp. The Radio is the "Premium Sound System" model.

Also, If I get an after market amp, I would like to get new front speakers. Are they 4" on this car?

Thanks for any advice.

Doug M.

I had the same problem with my '96 LS400. Contact the following: http://elliottelectronics.com/

They have all the info you need for removing whatever they think may be the problem, either the amplifier or the radio--very easy to do, just follow the steip by step instructions. I sent them my amplifier first and it checked out okay, so they requested my radio and it turned out to be a volume chip! Cost $80 or so including their shipping--hell of a deal. Let me know if you have any questions. They are fair, honest and very nice to deal with--SUPER!!