Why Did You First Come To Lexus Owners Club ?

SKperformance

I found the LOC because I .......  

193 members have voted

1. 1. was looking for a

• New Lexus
    • Used Lexus
    • performance upgrades
    • maintenance tutorials
    • troubleshooting a problem with your Lexus
    • Upcoming new Lexus vehicles
    • dealership reviews
    • new or used parts
    • other

• 5 weeks later...

As usual i am always wondering about things and today it is what brought you to the LOC community .

Did you hear about us through word of mouth , Google or another search engine or another Lexus club?

I just recently purchased a 2001 LS 430 (79K miles) and came across the forum when doing some searches for accessories. I have read through many of the posts and I am really excited about the amount of mileage some of these cars are racking up. Makes me feel like my car isn't even broken in yet. The dealer is fixing some things up for me before I accept delivery, hopefully Friday.

I just recently purchased a 2001 LS 430 (79K miles) and came across the forum when doing some searches for accessories. I have read through many of the posts and I am really excited about the amount of mileage some of these cars are racking up. Makes me feel like my car isn't even broken in yet. The dealer is fixing some things up for me before I accept delivery, hopefully Friday.

Welcome to the group! I hope you enjoy your new LEXUS!

As usual i am always wondering about things and today it is what brought you to the LOC community .

Did you hear about us through word of mouth , Google or another search engine or another Lexus club?

Welcome to the club, and good luck with your new purchase. Post some pictures so we can all drool :)

I was planning to buy a 1998 LS 400 and started looking info about how bad or good the cars were and found this site and the UK one which is very good also. I started reading everything and joined. I will never regret it!

CPR

Welcome to the club, and good luck with your new purchase. Post some pictures so we can all drool :)

Thanks. I will as soon as my wife gives it back. :cries:

• 1 month later...

I happened upon this site right after I bought my second Lexus, the LS. I knew that the LS had made automotive history in its debut and wanted to find out more info to further fuel my passion for the marque. In actuality I also became a member of a great community, rich with knowledge and information and rich with an eagerness to help eachother and rib eachother from time to time. :D Rock on LOC :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice I was part of the majority reason for finding this forum! My dash had started making a rattling sound that was present going over bumps. Seems like there was a TSB released for this very issue for almost all model lines. Took it into the dealer on Queens, NY. They seemed to have improved the issue, but there is still a rattle present. Hesitant to bring it in again however....

Well, guess I'll have to make a call and see if they can try something else this time around!

post-66782-1205473092_thumb.jpg I found this site because I just purchased a 99 SL400 and know very little about it.

I'm a starving artist (see attachment) currently working on paintings for Mercedes Benz showrooms across America.

Since they wouldn't barter a car for my efforts, I found a sweet deal on the Lexus and LOVE IT!

Want a painting of your car? Let me know. I'm very reasonable. See more work at artxp.com Search by artist and find G Linderman.

Love the site. Have learned tons already.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

I just bought a 2006 SC430 from Seattle and brought it up to Vancouver. I tried to register on the official Canadian Lexus site but they would not accept me because the car has a US VIN#. I then tried the US official site but they would not accept me because I have a Canadian address.

I know Lexus is trying to stop the movement of it's cars from US to Canada but I think it is pretty short sighted of them not to allow me to register the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not really new to LOC, just to the USA - Canada 1.

Was a member of the South African LOC until it strangely disappeared, then went and joined the UK LOC.

Now I am here too and I found an ex SA LOC member here too....

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Thank God for LOC.

The dealer had it's way with me one too many times, same for the indies which say they know what they're doing but --- shock!--- don't.

I came here in self defense mode.

Glad I did.

I've already saved a bunch of $$$, and many hours of lexus runaround time. The lexus badge doesn't always mean you have unlimited funds, and/ or time to !Removed! around with the dealership cult/ groupies/ followers, or devoted employees.

As Einstien once proved; [Time={money squared}X frustration cubed] ..... Or something like that.

Uh,

farside_einstein.gif

yeah, that's what I meant....

The guys here are a great group, and a huge braintrust.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Well was asking questions and actually a car dealer sent me the link...lol...Said if I wanted to know anything try this...and it led to me buying a Lexus...I think think site is great...and everyone helped a great deal. Out of all the sites I have looked at this one is the most informative and friendly that I visited...so here I am...So after looking around...Yep I am the proud owner of a Lexus and love it... ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the site (1st post) but not new to personal auto repair and upgrades.

I've been fixing up vehicles since I was a kid.

I had to learn, my first vehicle (beyond the Dart) was a Pinto. :lol:

My wife and I purchased a 1993 SC400 about 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since.

My wife is enjoying the freshly tinted windows and the power over our Montana.

I thought it was a good buy at $4k with 160k miles, and so far after reading some of these threads it seems we haven't done too bad on the deal. Kellys BB agrees with this somewhat. Online resources have proven to be invaluable for our small fleet. I stumbled across this forum looking for service manuals and discovered the thread on...service manuals.

We are also member of www.Turbobuick.com and www.Jeepforum.com.

We also own an 87 Buick Grand National, an 87 Jeep Wrangler, a 99 Montana (nice for a minivan), and a 99 Grand Am.

Just sold an 86 Ranger.

We are looking forward to some good service out of our SC.

With the help of good folks around here, I shouldn't be a problem.

See you in the technical pages!

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Forums

News

Membership