Tranny Pan Gasket Or Threebond 1281 Fipg?

glenmore

When I removed the tranny pan I was surprised to find no gasket. But realize that most OEM only use liquid gasket.

I went ahead and used the cork gasket that was supplied with my new filter. Used a wire brush to help get all the old sealer off. Take some grease and apply to the pan to help hold the gasket in place while you fit it to the tranny. "Snug" up the bolts and your done.

When I removed the tranny pan I was surprised to find no gasket. But realize that most OEM only use liquid gasket.

I went ahead and used the cork gasket that was supplied with my new filter. Used a wire brush to help get all the old sealer off. Take some grease and apply to the pan to help hold the gasket in place while you fit it to the tranny. "Snug" up the bolts and your done.

I was going to change my filter and clean out the pan today, I took off all 19 bolts and I couldnt get the pan to budge. I tried to use a razor around the edges, pry it up, hit the sides with a rubber mallet, nothing would work. So I put all the bolts back on and just drained and refilled it 2 times. Fluid already looks much better. When I take the car in for the 90k service, I was going to let the Lexus dealer do it. Maybe there is some trick. I only have 80k on the car now, so I dont know that the filter would be all that dirty. The car shifts great.