Dvd Player/switch To Override Camera

Hey everyone

i just joined the forum yesterday and answered some qs i have couple of questions

1.. have a 06gs300 anyone know if i can play a dvd movie and do i insert it in radio/cd slot or in nav cd slot in glove box

2..i wanna put a push button switch under center console where the seat heater switch is and the push button switch is for the rear camera so i can actually just push the button anytime<while driving forward>and see whats going on behind me

any help would be appreciated guys/gals <not sure if there are any gals in here >lol

thanks

if you have the Mark Levinson system then yes you can play dvds directly through the 6 cd in-dash player. simply load your dvds just like a normal music cd.

also the parking brake has to be on and the car has to be in park. there is way around that but involves cutting wires behind the navigation screen. check out www.clublexus.com if your interested. there is a whole pinned thread that i have started detailing the instructions!

as for your other question bout the rear view camera. there is currently no way to hook up a switch to control the rear camera. i believe someone is workign on that right now though.

PM me if you have any more questions about your 2006 GS.

if you have the Mark Levinson system then yes you can play dvds directly through the 6 cd in-dash player. simply load your dvds just like a normal music cd.

also the parking brake has to be on and the car has to be in park. there is way around that but involves cutting wires behind the navigation screen. check out www.clublexus.com if your interested. there is a whole pinned thread that i have started detailing the instructions!

as for your other question bout the rear view camera. there is currently no way to hook up a switch to control the rear camera. i believe someone is workign on that right now though.

PM me if you have any more questions about your 2006 GS.

Hi

thanks a lot for the information yea i got a mark levinson system and ill see if i can somehow put a switch for the cam wire should be on a switch by the shifter or reverse switch so i will try to pinpoint it,sorry dont know or not sure how to pm people yet anyways thanks a lot