Temp Gauge

godfather18

Cant be I replaced them or my 1992 ES and that didnt happen, I didnt touch anything just replace the bulbs and put the cluster back together thats it.

You had to take the circuit board off of the main board right ? It sounds like something got jolted or loosened, Maybe the contacts. Sometimes those boards get brittle.

Yes I did, what do you think I should do? Do you have AIM

Well, I can tell you that the screws and the surfaces of the boards are part of the continuity and resistance of the cluster. It has to go back together exactly as it was. Maybe the guage is shot. You can change just the guage, It slides out quite easily.

Those needles each have a ground on the second board where they stick, I'll check that out and make sure that its touching the contacts

Very good, Double check everything and clean any contacts that are exposed while uninstalling including all three connections on the back of the cluster.

The screws on the sides are very thin towards the end and there are six of them on each side. They look the same to me. But I didnt put the exact screw that was exactly in the hole cause they look exactly the same. Should that matter?

DO you have Instant Messenger so I can talk to you direct

Do you work for Lexus, cause u sound like you know what ur talking about?

The screws on the sides are very thin towards the end and there are six of them on each side. They look the same to me. But I didnt put the exact screw that was exactly in the hole cause they look exactly the same. Should that matter?

DO you have Instant Messenger so I can talk to you direct

Do you work for Lexus, cause u sound like you know what ur talking about?

No AIM. The reason why we discuss this on these boards is to enlighten others ( and ourselves ). It would be defeating the purpose of these forums if this were private.

What do you think in your opinion is the problem with this temp needle?

Connection/contacts/cleanliness. Do not discount the sensor.

Figured it out, one of the screws was not all the way down and caused the temp gauge to not have the right current to it and now its working perfectly fine

What do you think in your opinion is the problem with this temp needle?

Connection/contacts/cleanliness. Do not discount the sensor.

Figured it out, one of the screws was not all the way down and caused the temp gauge to not have the right current to it and now its working perfectly fine

I thought so, Glad you found the prob. :cheers:

I take cashiers check and money orders, Thanx. ;)