Problems W/ The Auto. Up/down Window

hey everyone, i just got a 98 gs400 and was wondering if anyone else had/has problems w/ the anti-pinch thing for their sunroof and windows. my back right window and sunroof won't completely close whenever i use the one-touch window close. it'll do the motions but then reopen because it thinks somethings in the way of the window. any suggestions/ ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks everyone, your info. is much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone, i just got a 98 gs400 and was wondering if anyone else had/has problems w/ the anti-pinch thing for their sunroof and windows. my back right window and sunroof won't completely close whenever i use the one-touch window close. it'll do the motions but then reopen because it thinks somethings in the way of the window. any suggestions/ ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks everyone, your info. is much appreciated!

The RX330 we had did that with the right rear window except it came about half way back down. Our fix was to dump the thing - we also had other issues that made that one not worth keeping.

Your window has lost its memory.To correct this turn your key to the on position and press the window switch down until window is completly down continue holding for 3 secs.Then raise window all the way holding the swith not the auto option and continue holding for 3 secs.this will allow the window to know where up and down are.Good luck

• 2 years later...

The RX330 we had did that with the right rear window except it came about half way back down. Our fix was to dump the thing - we also had other issues that made that one not worth keeping.

Hey Guys I have a similar problem with my 1994 GS300. my window fell of the regulator. I bought a new regulator and motor, installed it but it will go down smoothly but wont go up. I connect a couple of wires to the battery and put to the power wire of the motor and the window will go up and down freely as I alternate the wire position, however, when I hooked it back to the car it will only go down. I dont know what seems to be the problem, as anyone have any idea? I will appreciate your help very much.