No Power When Starting Out In Morning.... Anyone Know?

Rob_W

When I pull out of my drive in the morning, my Lexus boggs down it seems, NO POWER until a few min's later then everything is fine...

It gets kinda scary at times because I pull out on to a busy highway at times and feel like someone is going to run up my back end becasue I cant accelerate....

has anyone experienced this? or may be know what I could look for?

Thanks

When I pull out of my drive in the morning, my Lexus boggs down it seems, NO POWER until a few min's later then everything is fine...

It gets kinda scary at times because I pull out on to a busy highway at times and feel like someone is going to run up my back end becasue I cant accelerate....

has anyone experienced this? or may be know what I could look for?

Thanks

Need more info to process this one. Is it the motor that boggs down ? Does it feel like the tranny is slipping ? etc.................. :whistles:

Need more info to process this one. Is it the motor that boggs down ? Does it feel like the tranny is slipping ? etc..................:whistles:

The motor... I floor the accelerator and it just boggs down... No slipping at all

it goes, but crawls... then it gets the power back and its back to normal....

seems like it happens when the car sits for a long period of time... :blink:

Start by cleaning your IAC valve, throttlebody, and EGR valve.

For that matter take the whole upper intake manifold off & clean it by hand. You'll gain back 5-10bhp. It mighta come with 189bhp, but you're probably running 179bhp on your best day just from carbon build-up.

Plugs, or distributor cap & rotor need changing

Check fuel pressure idling (37psi), with the FPR's vacuum line unplugged (41psi), and 5 min after the car is shut off (20psi).

Vacuum leaks

Need more info to process this one. Is it the motor that boggs down ? Does it feel like the tranny is slipping ? etc..................:whistles:

The motor... I floor the accelerator and it just boggs down... No slipping at all

Same with my ES... you have to let it warm up.

Could be something in the fuel delivery system - a clogged fuel filter/line, fuel pump on its way out...

Is the car free revving when you lose power (i.e. the engine goes, but the tranny isn't doing it's thing) or is the engine dying back (drop in RPMs)? If the last one is more thecase then I would look into the fuel system.

Same with my ES... you have to let it warm up.

A few years ago, my '93 ES300 did this, too. Had it checked out at Toyota and Lexus garages... nothing amiss.

My neighbour had a Toyota pickup truck - he complained of the same thing. We talked about it for a while... turned out he bought gas at the same gas station I regularly used. Tried a different gas station (different company that supplied the fuel - I checked) - problem solved! I had my fuel filter changed just in case it had gotten gunk in it. No problem since.

Sometimes you get lucky and it's something simple.

tck...

ps... same thing worked with my neighbour's truck.