Xm Radio & Vaistech

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used or installed the VaisTech SoundLinQ (SLX) (http://www.vaistech.com/) unit to integrate XM Radio into a RX-400h? I'm considering ordering one and want to make sure it works as they promise! :whistles:

I had a XM installation by Factory Interactive. It is a home based installer who gives excellent/detailed service... he was VERY careful with my installation. He installed a Toyota XM radio into my Rx400h and it was totally invisible except for an inconspicuous antenna. His name is John - I wish all installations were as neat. It works well.

http://www.factoryinteractive.com/

Installed was $595 - you have to get your car to Northern NJ

Has anyone used or installed the VaisTech SoundLinQ (SLX) (http://www.vaistech.com/) unit to integrate XM Radio into a RX-400h? I'm considering ordering one and want to make sure it works as they promise! :whistles:

I had a XM installation by Factory Interactive. It is a home based installer who gives excellent/detailed service... he was VERY careful with my installation. He installed a Toyota XM radio into my Rx400h and it was totally invisible except for an inconspicuous antenna. His name is John - I wish all installations were as neat. It works well.

Thanks for your answer. I've spoken with John and I agree he's most helpful. Currently I'm in Florida but I plan on stopping by his place in Whippany, NJ on the way home to Massachusetts and having him install XM. I'd appreciate it if you'd email me privately at satman@yorkies.com and explain how you choose and program the presets.

• 3 weeks later...

After much thought I ordered the Factory Interactive Kit for adding XM to my RX-400h. I can tell you that it works flawlessly and it took less than 2 hours for me to install it. It is supplied with a DVD that shows everything you have to know to install it and everything else but the tools. You only need a few basic tools like a 10 mm socket, a 12 mm socket, socket handle and socket extention, some electrical tape, a screwdriver and maybe a pocket knife.

The only anamaly is that instead of displaying SAT1, SAT2 & SAT3 it displays TAT1, TAT2 & TAT3 but that doesn't bother me at all! :) . I recommend this to anyone wanting to add XM to their RX-330 or RX400h.

Thanks for your answer. I've spoken with John and I agree he's most helpful. Currently I'm in Florida but I plan on stopping by his place in Whippany, NJ on the way home to Massachusetts and having him install XM. I'd appreciate it if you'd email me privately at satman@yorkies.com and explain how you choose and program the presets.

My name is Kent Roorda. I just installed one in my GX-470 and it works very well. Sure beats having a standalone unit stuck on the dash. Also, since it's actually built in to your sound system, you get true digital (CD) quality sound out of it...Very nice. I'd definately say, "Go for it!"

I just installed the Factory Interactive Sirius RX kit in my 400h and it works great. I also installed the Vaistech ipod kit and love it as well. They do not seen to interfere with each other at all. The Factory Interactive dvd is very helpfull as is their tech support.

I just installed the Factory Interactive Sirius RX kit in my 400h and it works great. I also installed the Vaistech ipod kit and love it as well. They do not seen to interfere with each other at all. The Factory Interactive dvd is very helpfull as is their tech support.

How well do these satellite add-on interfaces display the text info as to artist, song title, etc. on the 400h radio display? Is there automatic or manual scrolling? Does it work well? (I have experienced some idiosyncracies in the TXT feature when using with regular radio). Thanks

How well do these satellite add-on interfaces display the text info as to artist, song title, etc. on the 400h radio display? Is there automatic or manual scrolling? Does it work well? (I have experienced some idiosyncracies in the TXT feature when using with regular radio). Thanks

The display shows Channel number, pressing Text will display Artist and if left there that is the default. Pressing Text again displays Song title and that becomes the default until Text is pressed again. and so on and so on. You end up with 18 presets, Sat1 has 6, Sat 2 has 6 and Sat3 has 6. The channel select can tune any of the other channels. The Type displays the catagory and selects the first channel of that catagory.

In other words it works well and as promised and expected. I'm completely satisfied. The one ideosyncracy is instead of displaying SAT1, SAT2, or SAT3 it says TAT1, TAT2, & TAT3, however, the voice commands announce it correctly and the Mode on the steering wheel also selects the three SAT (TAT) positions.

I want to add a mp3 player to my 400h. It seems Vaistech is the only option to play mp3 through iPod with head unit control. Can that be easily self installed the unit? or you have someone to install it for you?

I want to add a mp3 player to my 400h. It seems Vaistech is the only option to play mp3 through iPod with head unit control. Can that be easily self installed the unit? or you have someone to install it for you?

It is easy enough. there are instructions here on this board for how to gain access and remove the radio. The VAIS unit fits in the space behind the radio, and you can run the cable over to the glove box so you can keep your iPod out of sight.

one bit of warning: use a deep socket to remove the upper radio bolts so that you don't drop the screw down in the center console... once they drop down there you're "screwed" :cries:

can you tell me how to install both the factory interactive unit and the vaistech ipod unit. please e-mail me directly tharnett@earthlink.net thank you.