Ls400 Lock Hub Nut Replacement

javapda

• 2 weeks later...

One of my locks was cracked when I took it to Sams Club to get tires. I now make sure to tell them not to torque my lug nuts and especially the locks. They will be a pain to get off if you ever want to change a flat tire.

Here is a link to a place in Dallas that will send you some lugnuts for about $30 plus shipping and tax. You can probably get them at the Lexus dealer also.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp?...ubCategoryID=19

I'm doing some general maintenance this afternoon and one of my tasks is to replace my nuts. I know it sounds painful, but it's a relatively simple procedure. I bought 4 new ones, non-locking, so I will have 4 leftover locking nuts. You are welcome to all four of them (what would that be, one set? two sets?), as well as the magic key, for nothing. I won't even charge a handling fee....no comment on that. I just got tired of having to deal with that goofy key for a set of wheels that isn't of value to anybody.

James

I agree with SK - get rid of the locking nuts. I tried to change mine earlier. Two were successful, one is cracked and another won't budge. I also noticed that the magic key is getting rounded off. These wheels have been removed MAYBE 6 times the entire life of the car. And the nuts are already shot??? That's pretty bad. Save yourself some grief and get the normal kind.

• 1 month later...

James,

Thanks for your generous offer. After reading some of the posts I think I'll take the advice and replace them with regular lug-nuts.

Thanks again!

I'm doing some general maintenance this afternoon and one of my tasks is to replace my nuts. I know it sounds painful, but it's a relatively simple procedure. I bought 4 new ones, non-locking, so I will have 4 leftover locking nuts. You are welcome to all four of them (what would that be, one set? two sets?), as well as the magic key, for nothing. I won't even charge a handling fee....no comment on that. I just got tired of having to deal with that goofy key for a set of wheels that isn't of value to anybody.

James