Transmission Filter: Need Part #

rtd111

What is the part number for the transmission filter for the 94 SC400. I suspect its the same as for the LS400 (35330-50010) but want to make sure.

Also, is there a list or link on the web which lists various manufacturer part numbers for the different models? I have the PDF manuals but there doesn't seem to be a list or a consistent reference to part numbers. Various aftermarket part-sellers have their own numbers.

Thanx in advance for info / pointers.

You have an Asian car so things are different compared to American cars. The Asians don't use throw away paper filters. They use metal mesh filter screens that you can remove, clean and reuse. They also use magnets in the oil pan that you can clean and reuse.

It's also foolish to attempt maintenance without first consulting the factory repair manual. For example, if you remove the transmission filter you may find the filter has its own gasket. If you don't buy a new gasket the filter won't seal properly to the transmission after you clean it. The factory manual has exploded diagrams to show whether or not the filter has a gasket.

You have an Asian car so things are different compared to American cars. The Asians don't use throw away paper filters. They use metal mesh filter screens that you can remove, clean and reuse. They also use magnets in the oil pan that you can clean and reuse.

It's also foolish to attempt maintenance without first consulting the factory repair manual. For example, if you remove the transmission filter you may find the filter has its own gasket. If you don't buy a new gasket the filter won't seal properly to the transmission after you clean it. The factory manual has exploded diagrams to show whether or not the filter has a gasket.

I have replaced the filter and gasket on my LS400. So I know what you are talking about.

And I do have the FSM (for both cars).

I just wanted to confirm the part number because I am planning on using a seal instead of a gasket and therefore I only need the filter. I am not going to clean it and replace: for less than 30-40 bucks, I might as well get a new part.