Future Lexus Lx.

IRIAF

yes, i was just thinking about that. THey have made new models of everything except for the LX. it is the oldest design out there. My guess is next year, as a 2008 model because they have a lot on their plate.

Would not next year be a 2007. I am really looking forward to a new LX as I am on my 3rd and will keep it till they do something! My big wish list is MORE power and how about a built in SAT radio system.

The night vision thing as not worth it, at least I have tried to use it and it does little. I think the voice control could use ALOT of work. I would love to have keyless ignition/entry.

Of course I want my comfy ride but with an attitude! :o

Unsubstantiated rumours are that the next big Lexus SUV will not be called an LX but will be called a JX and will be based on the revamped Tundra/Sequoia platform and not the Landcruiser platform.

As the next Tundra just debuted with a huge optional V8 (and something like 10,000 lb. towing capacity), I'm guessing that the Sequoia will be in the next year and the JX not that far behind.

We just bought a 2006 because the additional 45bhp makes a huge difference and frankly, I don't want an SUV any bigger than this. I love the fact that the current LX/LC is big enough for a family but not so big that it can't be parked in a garage or parking structure. And frankly, the fact that the platform is now something like 7 or 8 years old made me feel very good. I want this thing to last forever and all Toyota products are good but those products which benefit from the constant refinement/QC efforst of multiple years of production are usually better still.

Unsubstantiated rumours are that the next big Lexus SUV will not be called an LX but will be called a JX and will be based on the revamped Tundra/Sequoia platform and not the Landcruiser platform.

As the next Tundra just debuted with a huge optional V8 (and something like 10,000 lb. towing capacity), I'm guessing that the Sequoia will be in the next year and the JX not that far behind.

We just bought a 2006 because the additional 45bhp makes a huge difference and frankly, I don't want an SUV any bigger than this. I love the fact that the current LX/LC is big enough for a family but not so big that it can't be parked in a garage or parking structure. And frankly, the fact that the platform is now something like 7 or 8 years old made me feel very good. I want this thing to last forever and all Toyota products are good but those products which benefit from the constant refinement/QC efforst of multiple years of production are usually better still.

Don't get me wrong, I do not want a bigger JX either. The same size would be fine with me and I would like to have those extra horses but they were not to be found in 2004. The 5 speed tranny has to make a difference too.

I'm on the other side of the coin. I think the JX should be huge.. Lexus already has a mid-sized SUV - the GX470. Why do they need another one? The differences between the GX and LX, in size, are very small.. Compare the LX to the size of the QX56, Navigator, Escalade - it's very small.. If one was to want a large SUV and remain loyal to Lexus, what are they to do? Nothing but find themselves in another showroom...

It makes sense, to me, that the Lexus JX be built on the Sequoia platform...

I'm on the other side of the coin. I think the JX should be huge.. Lexus already has a mid-sized SUV - the GX470. Why do they need another one? The differences between the GX and LX, in size, are very small.. Compare the LX to the size of the QX56, Navigator, Escalade - it's very small.. If one was to want a large SUV and remain loyal to Lexus, what are they to do? Nothing but find themselves in another showroom...

It makes sense, to me, that the Lexus JX be built on the Sequoia platform...

For me, the GX was just a bit too small - I wasn't comfortable in the drivers seat as it didn't have enough elbow or leg room. Headroom was fine. The LX is a nice fit for me. The Sequoia was just too big. I woudln't see anything wrong with having the GX, LX, and JX in the lineup so long as the JX is enough bigger than the LX to actually make a difference. Take the LX out of the lineup and they've probably lost me as a customer when it comes time to replace my 2006 LX. No idea how many others feel the same way.