Body Ecu

StrykerPro

What is wrong with yours?

I have a myriad of things wrong, the only common item is the body ecu, according to my wiring diagrams and symptoms. For example, the lights for the stereo panel don't work, ditto the ECT switch light, transmission gear light, dome light when you open the door (it works fine with the dome light switch) and cigarette lighter. The automatic headlights will not shut off automatically after I get out of the car ( I killed my battery one night expecting the lights to go out after I put the car in the garage). The key in ignition chime doesn't work. The driver's seat belt chime doesn't work. The climate control keeps resetting to 75 degrees over night.

I have a listing of programmable features in the body ecu, it controls most of these items. I would try to program these features but the Lexus Technnical Service Information system (the one you have to pay to use) says you have to have a "Lexus hand-held tester" to program the ecu.

I did find a recall of the ecu for some 99 RX300s that involved replacing the ecu. There was a problem with the automatic headlights and the tailights failing to operate at times. The recall contains instructions on how to get to the ecu to replace it and then reprogram the new one to recognize the car key. That's why I want to find a used one to try as a replacement. Lexus would probably want a fortune for a new one.

It may sound dumb, in all seriousness, have you checked all your fuses? During the install of my stereo, I blew a fuse that downed quite a few things in the car including door triggered courtesy lights, and remote door locks etc. Just makin' a simple suggestion before you have to spend a bundle on an ECU. A few minutes of checking fuses, could save you a few hundred dollars...and curses. Good luck. Keep us informed as to what the problem was.

crew

It may sound dumb, in all seriousness, have you checked all your fuses? During the install of my stereo, I blew a fuse that downed quite a few things in the car including door triggered courtesy lights, and remote door locks etc. Just makin' a simple suggestion before you have to spend a bundle on an ECU. A few minutes of checking fuses, could save you a few hundred dollars...and curses. Good luck. Keep us informed as to what the problem was.

crew

As a matter of fact, I just pulled every fuse and lightly sand papered them in case there was some corrosion on them. They all appeared OK, but I didn't meter them.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I have access to over 1800 yards on-line inventory. I just did a search. However, Body ECU's are not in the "Look Up" list.

So I did a wire harness search just to see who had what. Found 43 1999 RX300's that list the harness. If you tell me where it is located on your car I can call a few on Monday and get a price for you????

Let me know..

Not sure if you still need this or not, but if you do, I can help. They added "Body Module" to the look up list. I found 34 in stock. The low end with a warranty is $140 and they go all the way up to $240. Several listed at the $140 rate. If you want more info just let me know..