How Check Maf (mass Air Intake Flow Sensor) ?

maniek_LS

Hi,

can someone describe how to check MAF sensor in 1992 LS ?

I need electric parameters which MAF need to meet to be certain sure that element is working fine in my car.

Do you have any docs about it ?

Thank you

Here is a simple on car resistance check that you can make, it won't assure you that it is working 100% however. I think that if you don't have any fault codes stored in the ECU that you can assume that the mass airflow sensor is working ok.

post-2297-1139788828_thumb.jpg

Here is a simple on car resistance check that you can make, it won't assure you that it is working 100% however. I think that if you don't have any fault codes stored in the ECU that you can assume that the mass airflow sensor is working ok.

Thank you very much ! This is what I'm looking for. On evening I do the test.

Hi: Just get some electronic equipment cleaner and clean all the sensor wires, the ones that connect to the harness and the other(s) in the sensor itself, they should be shinny, or clean from dust, grease etc. www.lexls.com, or go to the Uk lexus owners club, they have tutorials there of how to clean the MAF. If you do not have an check engine light, you only have a dirty MAF sensor. You can also check in the internet and find info about it in a nissan vehicle. Just use google to find it. After you clean it you should have no problem. If the above do not work then you need to replace, but they usually just get dirty and affect the resistance in them. In case you do not have any of the above you can use alcohol in spray form, but do not leave any residue and make sure is dry before mouting. Do not spray the rubber packing if so equiped, because you will have to replace it. That rubber packing needs to be lubricated with some hinge oil, a drop to make sure it does not crack. Any other problems about the maf just email me if you do not find the info.

C. PR

Thank you very much ! This is what I'm looking for. On evening I do the test.