Mxv4s And Snow...

SW03ES

Just thought I'd chime in since I finally got the chance to try the MXV4s out in the snow tonight. Not bad, not great but they're passable and more sure footed than the Toyos, but less so than the Bridgestone 92s.

Just thought I'd chime in since I finally got the chance to try the MXV4s out in the snow tonight. Not bad, not great but they're passable and more sure footed than the Toyos, but less so than the Bridgestone 92s.

sw, you thought the Bridgestone RE 92 were even remotly sure footed in the snow? :blink:

Not bad, not great but they're passable and more sure footed than the Toyos, but less so than the Bridgestone 92s.

:o <_< :angry::closedeyes:

to me, that says the Michies are crap in snow, since I had the RE92s and was horrified by them even in the slightest dusting of powder. Steve, I am not suprised by your findings as many friends up here have the Michies and hate driving in the snow because of them.

I will just scratch that tire off my short/long lists. I see more snow than you do every year.

steviej

Not bad, not great but they're passable and more sure footed than the Toyos, but less so than the Bridgestone 92s.

:o <_< :angry::closedeyes:

to me, that says the Michies are crap in snow, since I had the RE92s and was horrified by them even in the slightest dusting of powder. Steve, I am not suprised by your findings as many friends up here have the Michies and hate driving in the snow because of them.

steviej

Exactly! A light rain would make the car nervous with the 92's......never mind snow.

:cheers:

sw, you thought the Bridgestone RE 92 were even remotly sure footed in the snow? :blink:

I didn't until I had the Toyos on the car. So far the car has never been as sure footed as it was with the Bridgestones. My MXV4s have 15k on them now though...

They're a very sedately treaded tire though, snow grip is definately going to suffer.

I didn't until I had the Toyos on the car. So far the car has never been as sure footed as it was with the Bridgestones. My MXV4s have 15k on them now though...

They're a very sedately treaded tire though, snow grip is definately going to suffer.

I've never driven on tires worse than the Bridgestone RE 92 or Firestone Firehawk GTA-02's personally.....anything other than dry conditions for either tire made for an adventure & the vast majority of owners who also had them on any vehicle agree with that statement. B)

If you think the mxv are bad now wait till they wear out some more.

I used to love its predecessor the Michelin X-one but i can;t find them anymore. Still never found a tire that does all things equally great if any at all.

Have snows and summers to get around easily , now if only i lived in California :(

I've never driven on tires worse than the Bridgestone RE 92 or Firestone Firehawk GTA-02's personally.....anything other than dry conditions for either tire made for an adventure & the vast majority of owners who also had them on any vehicle agree with that statement. B)

I agree about the Bridgestones...had them on my 01 Maxima as OEM. Horrible tire in the rain after about 8k miles on them. Dry roads? Like super-glue to the pavement though. Didn't last very long either, like 25k miles or so. But that is probably the driver's lead foot's fault.. :snoooorrrtttt:

Within the next few weeks I will have either Bridgestone LS-V or Michilen Exaltos put on my ES.

I will keep you posted. Still time for more snow in these woods, so I hope to give some info.

steviej

Steve, there is a new high performance line of tire out recently from Yokohama called the Advan. You might want to look at the Advan S4. Just a suggestion. B) Here is a link to the Yokohama site....They come in both tire sizes you currently have in V & W speed ratings respectively. ;) UTQG rating is 400, AA, A.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/advan/default.asp