1998 Lexus Ls400 Transponder/remote Programing

Bradicus

I recently purchased a re-keyed remote for my 1998 LS400. I have followed the remote programing instructions from one of the threads on here but, it doesn't seem to be working. I get to the last step and nothing works. It's really wierd. :(

Also too, I am having trouble programing the transponder in the key as well. I found instructions from another Lexus site and that sequence doesn't seem to be working either. Any instructions/advice that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brad :cheers:

Brad

I to had this problem. Went to a local locksmith to get a key cut. They said they would also reprogram the car. They had two different procedures . One for the Security feature and the other for the remote door lock/unlock.

The security feature programming was quick and easy. Believe they used the attached procedure.

Now for the fun part. He and I tried to get the remote to work about 5 times each. Would get so far and just not work. He knew the parts manager at the local lexus dealer and suggested I go see him. Went over and told the service advisors my problem. Also mentioned I had bought the key there. One asked the other what to do and in about 2 minutes they had it reprogrammed and working. No charge for the service

Trying to remember if they did anything different for the locksmith. The only thing that stands out was the smith used the automatic door lock unlock button and the dealer used the mechanical look button by the door handle.

Good luck. Hope this gets you closer!!

LaserRon

program_98_new_key.doc

Brad

I to had this problem. Went to a local locksmith to get a key cut. They said they would also reprogram the car. They had two different procedures . One for the Security feature and the other for the remote door lock/unlock.

The security feature programming was quick and easy. Believe they used the attached procedure.

Now for the fun part. He and I tried to get the remote to work about 5 times each. Would get so far and just not work. He knew the parts manager at the local lexus dealer and suggested I go see him. Went over and told the service advisors my problem. Also mentioned I had bought the key there. One asked the other what to do and in about 2 minutes they had it reprogrammed and working. No charge for the service

Trying to remember if they did anything different for the locksmith. The only thing that stands out was the smith used the automatic door lock unlock button and the dealer used the mechanical look button by the door handle.

Good luck. Hope this gets you closer!!

LaserRon

where is the locksmith that cut the key for you located? i need to get a key cut and im in the lithonia,ga area

You would be suprised btu any locksmith can cut a lexus blank with another key as a guide.

Also i had a hard time programing the security part of the transponder for the key but the keless entry worked on the first try.

You may have 4 keys already programmed into the car which is why it would not take, there is a procedure to let the ecu tell you how many it has in memory. If it has 4 already they you need to have a dealer program it with the handheld scanner.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
The file describing how to program a black key for a 98 LS is no longer available for download. Could someone please send it to me? brianhumphries@icqmail.com

I also need to reprogram my transponders but the link attached above is dead. Will someone please ppost or send it to me? My email is swwilkinson2003 at yahoo dot com. Thanks a lot.

The file describing how to program a black key for a 98 LS is no longer available for download. Could someone please send it to me? brianhumphries@icqmail.com

I also need to reprogram my transponders but the link attached above is dead. Will someone please ppost or send it to me? My email is swwilkinson2003 at yahoo dot com. Thanks a lot.

The instructions I used successfully on my 98 LS 400 are available here.

http://www.cureline.net/lex/howtos/howto_key_programming.htm

On my second run.....it worked! I was shocked.

• 4 weeks later...
Attached is TSIB LS004-98 that has instructions.

Hello you know to the instructions for programming trasnponder in 1995 LS model?

sorry for my poor English, because I am of Spain.

I need the instructions to program the remote control, not the key

thanks

Hey josping, I found these instructions on here, I have a '95 LS as well and it worked on the first try. Good luck :cheers:

1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.

2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.

3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

4. Shut door.

5. Open door.

6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.

8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.

9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.

10. Close the door.

11. Open the door.

12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.

13. Close the door

14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.

15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.

before it get successfully programmed, you will hear a 10-seconds long beep

Thank you very much.

The car I have taken it to official service and they could not program it. The car I have bought is used and I am not sure that it has mounted the Receiver, can you say to me if it brings it in the trunk like the 1991 model?

thanks