Gx470 3rd Row Car Seats

PKonrad

Does anyone use the 3rd row of the GX470 to transport children? Wondering how it is working and what car seats you might recommend. I am adding a third child and will need to use 3rd row for 3 year old.

Konrad

The Britax Wizard will NOT fit in the 3rd row seat. Had to use a Cosco seat that we bought from WalMart with the swing down arm removed.

Getting the child in from the rear door (having 1/2 of the split seat up) is not too hard as long as you're wearing pants. My wife had difficulty in a dress and skirt...although I'm sure the passers by loved the view.

Does anyone use the 3rd row of the GX470 to transport children? Wondering how it is working and what car seats you might recommend. I am adding a third child and will need to use 3rd row for 3 year old.

Konrad

I just mounted the Britax Marathon in the 3rd row seat over the weekend for my 2.5 year old boy and it fits fine. Instead of using Latch hook, you have to use the seatbelt and the tether hook on the cargo floor. I also have a Britax Roundabout, which is slightly smaller than the Marathon, it should work better than the Marathon. I preferred the Britax seat for its quality and safety.

John

• 3 years later...

Konrad

We have a Sunshine Kids Radian 80 which fits well in the 3rd row of the car. My Son who is 5 sits back there and enjoys being away from his twin sisters and them taking his stuff. B)