Rims?

92sc girl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
18" Evo's are my favs in the bang for the buck wheel. Simple, clean, class.

Here's mine. :)

carsss_003.jpg

carsss_004.jpg

newwheelsSC_031.jpg

newwheelsSC_020.jpg

newwheelssc2_005.jpg

A late reply LLS, would you share with me the width, and offsets, as well as the tire size your running! I'd love

to duplicat that clean look you have!!! Where's the deal's these days on the Evo Wheels?

THANKS!!

I have a relatively simple wheel on my 1996 SC400, I have American Racing Aeros. They are nice chrome wheels that are a stock size so you won't hurt your suspension, and they are the first thing most people notice. They also look stockish, so they don't stand out as obviously aftermarket. I'm a fan of mild differences though.

• 2 weeks later...
I put 19" Ruff Racing wheels on my 92 sc400. I put 8.5" on front and 9.5 on rear. Just the rims were $860, but i got wheels and tires for $ 1520 shipped to my door. Just search for Ruff Racing on Ebay.

Sorry no pics!

great prices, which style did you opt for?

I put 19" Ruff Racing wheels on my 92 sc400. I put 8.5" on front and 9.5 on rear. Just the rims were $860, but i got wheels and tires for $ 1520 shipped to my door. Just search for Ruff Racing on Ebay.

Sorry no pics!

I chose hyper black 279's. I love'em

Sorry no pics!

I chose the hyper black 279's with 35 offset front and 40 rear. if i was doing over i would go 35 on both. They look great!

• 1 year later...

Another very late reply... B)

I've finally worn down the tread enough on my stock tires, and ready for the wheel upgrade. My heart is still set on the Evo's, and I've found a place that sells them. Question remains on the width for 18's... I'd love to go with 9's in front & rear, but not sure if that will fit up front...

I know the 9's will fit in back, as the dealer is suggesting 9's in back and 8's up front... The picture of the dark SC400 with the Evos, does anyone know by looking at the photos if those are 8's or 9's?

I've finally worn down the tread enough on my stock tires, and ready for the wheel upgrade. My heart is still set on the Evo's, and I've found a place that sells them. Question remains on the width for 18's... I'd love to go with 9's in front & rear, but not sure if that will fit up front...

I know the 9's will fit in back, as the dealer is suggesting 9's in back and 8's up front... The picture of the dark SC400 with the Evos, does anyone know by looking at the photos if those are 8's or 9's?

Just found a better thread... SC400 wheel fitment guide

Still open to comments and pictures of 9" fronts would look like though! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO the best wheel for the SC is the stock 18 inch wheel from any 94-99 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4. It is a direct fit for the SC and the tire size is 255/40/18. I plan to get these for mine but I kind like the way my 16 inch GS300 chrome wheels look as is. Have a look:

DSC05452.jpg

DSC05458.jpg

DSC05459.jpg

This is NOT my car but this is where I saw it.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f13/my-new-car-307470/

Oh, but try and find the OEM Mitsubishi wheels instead of the made in China junk replicas that sell on ebay. The copies are one piece and a bit heavier than the 2 piece OEM version.

What NOT to buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Mitsubis...sQ5fAccessories

If you ask around on the 3000GT forum linked above you can find an OEM set for 500-600 bucks.