Anyone Heard Of This Modification?

• 3 weeks later...

air filter...

Fujita F5 Air Intake System 06 Lexus IS350 20+ HP gain

i found this on ebay for 300 bucks... anyone know if this is a good idea to upgrade?

i have a 2006 IS350

http://www.is350forums.com/index.php?showt...st=0entry3196

Just a quick question... I have know clue how to read a Dyno Chart... but.. looking at it.. it has HP on the left side... so I am assuming that is the HP right? But.. I thought the IS350 has 306 HP and that just shows 252 maybe...

What am I missing?

Sorry that intake will not give you more then 5hp over stock. If you are looking for power gains don't look into changing out your intake look into changing out your exhaust. Maybe larger exhaust pipes, high flow mufflers, cats, headers. Lexus stock intakes flow well enough... I have an even better intake on my 400 and I maybe gained a few horses, nothing to talk about.. Here is a pic of my intake... The best performance intake would probably be a cold air box intake for your Lexus, that will out perform all these other intakes including mine....

post-13978-1141295062_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1141295351_thumb.jpg

air filter...

Fujita F5 Air Intake System 06 Lexus IS350 20+ HP gain

i found this on ebay for 300 bucks... anyone know if this is a good idea to upgrade?

i have a 2006 IS350

http://www.is350forums.com/index.php?showt...st=0entry3196

Just a quick question... I have know clue how to read a Dyno Chart... but.. looking at it.. it has HP on the left side... so I am assuming that is the HP right? But.. I thought the IS350 has 306 HP and that just shows 252 maybe...

What am I missing?

The quoted HP from Lexus is the power at the flywheel, or "true" engine horsepower. Due to losses in the drive train, the power measured at the wheels by a dyno will be lower, usually maybe 25% or so. While the number may not be exact in this case, it does allow a direct comparision between stock, and modified in duplicate tests.

The hp did not change as I can see but the torque went up from 223 to 233 which is hugh.

Where can I get a preformance exhaust in L.A. area?

Should I put this intake and then the exhaust later? is it too much?

Warranty, will it void?

Does anyone have all the answers? (only facts please)

p.s.

If the Dyno is correct I will put the intake just for the extra 10 Torque.

Spoke to them over the phone.

The exhaust is $1200 and will come out next week. 22 HP

The intake is $250 and is available now. 12 HP

But if you put both it will give you only 24 HP extra not 36 HP

I am thinking only about the intake. (affortable and removable).

Just a cold air intake or CAI.

Makes engine sound louder thus giving "seat of the pants" horsepower. It sounds faster but very little actual gain in HP.

Some of the filters on these CAI's are oil coated. The oil droplets can deposit on the air flow meter and cause a check engine light.

If you really want to modify this already super engine, save your money and wait for Supertuners to come up with an ECU reprogrammer.

Cheers,

Al

Just a cold air intake or CAI.

Makes engine sound louder thus giving "seat of the pants" horsepower. It sounds faster but very little actual gain in HP.

Some of the filters on these CAI's are oil coated. The oil droplets can deposit on the air flow meter and cause a check engine light.

If you really want to modify this already super engine, save your money and wait for Supertuners to come up with an ECU reprogrammer.

Cheers,

Al

It might take too long and I need TORQE. The car doesnt have power on buttom end.

If your car has an automatic transmission, the cure for your low end torque problem would be to upgrade your stock torque converter. Not cheap but very effective.. I went with a Dragon Torque Converter and just that upgrade alone got my rears spinning from a dead start. Where as before when I punched my SC400 off the line I almost had to get out of the car and push the car up to speed before the power kicked in, it is embarrassing and pathetic if you ask me, a true slug at stock... Apparently Lexus builds the car to suit Older folk and is geared towards luxury and not performance. In my opinion the stock torque converters on all Lexus automatic transmission are weak and ruins the cars ability to perform in a big way.

I added this very same Fujita Intake to my car last week. Here are my observations on the intake's performance. First of all; some may frown, but I opted for the 250 due to gas mileage and the look of the car, not thinking the performance side of it. Do I regret it??, somewhat. Hence, the reason to get a little more performance from a car that does not do sooooo bad. I think that the 250 needed about 10-20 hp to make "me" comfortable about its performance.

1. Ease of installation I give it a 10. It took me 15 minutes to install, I had more problems removing the oem cover clips than anything. .

2. Fit and appearance. I give it a 10. Looks are very appealing, and the fit is great.

3. Performance. Unsure, probably 5. I have noticed some powerband difference about 4,800 rpm (which is where the torque kicks in) Before the intake, the !Removed! end would never loosen. It does slightly now when I "punch it" (I have the sports pkg 18" w/ Dunlops). Unfortunately I have no access to a dyno to prove any results that my mind thinks are there.

I would say that there is a performance difference by adding this intake, how much?? really depends on geographic area, sitting still, temperature and humidity. The most of all what I have experienced is no difference at all unless the engine is COMPLETELY warmed up.

4. Gas mileage is the same or maybe a little less. This may be due to me seeing if this intake truly makes a difference or not. (keeping on the throttle)

5. Noise. Acceptable at cruising speeds. When on the throttle, pretty loud.

I'm glad I had the chance to demonstrate this intake and give a fair opinion of the Fujita F5. Overall, I am pleased with the outcome of the intake. Obvoiusly as what has been recommended previously in the thread, you need to open both ends. This is something that I will weigh at the moment the exhausts become more available. On the other hand, maybe I will go see that red 350 at the dealership...... naaahhh!!! lol.

I dunno what the guy expects, but 0 to 60 times of 5.5 or better ain't to bad. If you turn off VDIM you can just about smoke the tires at will on the IS350.

You mean smoke the one rear tire not tires. There is no limited slip differential on the IS350 that I am aware of...

Also the lexus intakes on older and newer models flow decent, you are not going to notice any power increases unless you go with a cold air box intake, even with that you may not notice anything. If you want to notice power gains and improved gas mileage you need to look into exhaust flow upgrades. With exhaust upgrades when you hit the gas you will clearly notice an improvement in power.. I do not base these opinions on my car alone but on others that I have seen... Good luck...

I dunno what the guy expects, but 0 to 60 times of 5.5 or better ain't to bad. If you turn off VDIM you can just about smoke the tires at will on the IS350.

You mean smoke the one rear tire not tires. There is no limited slip differential on the IS350 that I am aware of...

Both. I had my trunk monkey jumping from side to side to shift the traction. :D