Breaking News !

ford212.809

It's True. Middle Tennessee is expecting 6" of snow tonight. We haven't seen that much in three years. Anyway, here is my question. I bought my children two new sleds two years ago - thats right, STILL new. I need advice as to make them as fast as possible. For all of the people that live in the Northern areas of the U.S.A., what do I apply to the metal runners to make them "slicker"? There are plenty of hills around my house and I/we are looking for as much speed as possible. Thanks for all advice in advance. ;)

It's True. Middle Tennessee is expecting 6" of snow tonight. We haven't seen that much in three years. Anyway, here is my question. I bought my children two new sleds two years ago - thats right, STILL new. I need advice as to make them as fast as possible. For all of the people that live in the Northern areas of the U.S.A., what do I apply to the metal runners to make them "slicker"? There are plenty of hills around my house and I/we are looking for as much speed as possible. Thanks for all advice in advance. ;)

Make sure the runners are clean and free of any paint, Steel whool the runners then put 3-4 coats of parafin wax on them. Have fun. :cheers:

the last two storms they predicted for my area in MA ended up in rain and slush. I ain't holding my breath on this one either.

use candle wax on the runners and have a ball.

My yard has the big hill in the side yard that goes down to the woods. All the neighbor hood kids come down when it snows to sled her.

steviej