What Options/features In The Ls430 (2001 - ?) Have Been Dropped?

TennesseeLexus

I see some units that have air suspension and/or a Ultra Luxury package (vibrating seats etc) and I want to know if it's worth the extra money. I have seen a 2001 with the Ultra Lux package for around $28,500 (58k miles) and wonder if buying this car would be buying major problems down the road. I have seen 2002s with around 55-60K miles around $30k. Does anyone know what options/features that came on the 2001/2002 that have been proven to be a major headache in terms of ownership. I am looking locally in Nashville but also on autotrader.com and cars.com. Any other websites that might be helpful? I do carfax any car I am looking at but I know that is just a cursory overview. I like to see the chain of ownership of a car.

I have a 1996 LS400 with 165k miles and the only thing I didn't have on it was the air suspension (my mechanic was disappointed with that since he told me he could have put his son through private school with it :D )

Suggestions, websites

I have the Custom Luxury Package that does not have the air suspension or massage/Radio/cooler in the back as per the Ultra.. I do have a pass through from the trunk which is amazing at a home depot when I load 8' 2x4's through the trunk. LOL

I do have;

Mark Levinson, Rain sense wipers, motorized rear shade, front and rear heated seats, Cooled front seats, Park Assist, Navigation, recorder, headlight washers, Interior lighting group, perforated seats, three progammable remote system, Radar cruise, bumper sensors, VSC, ECT, Psuedo suede headliner, 17" rims. Aftermarket XM and hidden front/rear radar/laser. That is about all I can think of as options and more than enough for me. Hope this helps you decide on which options you prefer.

Bragger :P

Well, I've got a really cool looking antique car phone in my arm rest...na-na-na-naaa :pirate:

hahaha...where's that Jaw's on Paws cat Rf?

I have the Custom Luxury Package that does not have the air suspension or massage/Radio/cooler in the back as per the Ultra.. I do have a pass through from the trunk which is amazing at a home depot when I load 8' 2x4's through the trunk. LOL

I do have;

Mark Levinson, Rain sense wipers, motorized rear shade, front and rear heated seats, Cooled front seats, Park Assist, Navigation, recorder, headlight washers, Interior lighting group, perforated seats, three progammable remote system, Radar cruise, bumper sensors, VSC, ECT, Psuedo suede headliner, 17" rims. Aftermarket XM and hidden front/rear radar/laser. That is about all I can think of as options and more than enough for me. Hope this helps you decide on which options you prefer.

LOL..NC,

Just letting him know what was available in 2002....for an imformed decision......Wait a minute!!! I don't have a phone :(

The Cat is on probation...He quit doing his sit-ups!!!

You know I love ya' Rf, and so I feel it is my duty to make sure that you are happy, even if that means sacarficing my own happiness. So, therefore I offer you a solution to your " :( "....I'll trade ya'! That way, you get to have a beautiful, antique LS400, with a really cool Miami Vice car phone! "Tubbs, I need back up!...You're Busted Pal!" Heck, I'll even float the first 10 minutes of your favorite 1-900 number!

I need to post up a picture of my black cat "Ace". Last checked at the vet, he was pushing 18 pounds. Every neighbor loves him, as you will usually see him starring at you and your family during dinner through your kitchen window. I'm the one who works 50 hours a week, yet he's the one who eats like a King....go figure that one? He may be fat, but he sure can pull in the chics! Or at least I faintly remember so, been engaged so freakin' long I've forgotten.