Need Bumper Fixed

lexdog

My bumper gots a good sized collision inprint on it. Looks like someone hit into my Rx300 hit the bumper and left a square sized imprint. Inside the square looks like the hex screw from there license plate. Anybody know if this is expensive to fix. Its a real eye sore. :cries:

My bumper gots a good sized collision inprint on it. Looks like someone hit into my Rx300 hit the bumper and left a square sized imprint. Inside the square looks like the hex screw from there license plate. Anybody know if this is expensive to fix. Its a real eye sore.:cries:

A few days ago i backed into a car with my rx300 and need the rear bumper fixed too. There's a "tiny" indentation and a "bit" of the black palstic is shaved away.

Took it to 4 different auto body shops in my area and got 4 totally different estimates. The lowest one is an even $200 and the highest is $350. I'm going with one that's an even $300 since i've seen some of their work (EXCELLENT).

They said that they won't strip the whole bumper, just fill the areas that were scraped away and sand everything down etc. I don't really care how they do it, as long as i don't have to worry about it pealing and being srewed a few years down the road. They also offer a lifetime warranty!

You shouldn't be paying too much since you won't need a totally new bumper. You'll probably pay around what i am.

The first dealer i went to told me that if my car was a different color it wouldn't be as $$$ to fix?? Since the color is a metallic color, it's going to cost me more :angry:

Its only good news if they're going to do it right. The procedure they quoted LexKid, IMHO, is not sufficient for the job to truly be done properly. Unless the paint is totally stripped I always would be concerned about cracking and peeling since the thickness of the paint won't be consistent across the bumper.

I'd find a shop that will do that, even if it winds up costing you more like $500-$700.

While the shop may stand by their work, I've had bumpers peel and crack on me before even when they've been repainted properly, and it is truly ugly and ruins the car.