Nail In Tire...

SW03ES

Anybody remember how close a nail in a tire needs to be before its not repairable?

Got one in my right front...if it can't be repaired thats gonna be a $350 nail...

Where abouts on the tire specifically is it? :blink:

:cheers:

Its probably an inch and a half from the edge of the tread, in the tread itself.

Luckily Costco has a road hazard warranty if it can't be patched, but I'm still going to have to come out of pocket for the other one on that axle.

Its probably an inch and a half from the edge of the tread, in the tread itself.

Luckily Costco has a road hazard warranty if it can't be patched, but I'm still going to have to come out of pocket for the other one on that axle.

you are safe to patch it. I have done this many times. I drive through some horrific stuff sometimes. anything more than half an inch from either sidewall is fine to patch...you cant patch a sidewall though.

Sounds like it can be patched (or plugged).......if it was a bad puncture & on the sidewall.....then I would recommend to replace the tire. I wouldn't worry about it........a routine repair. B)

:cheers:

Anywhere on the tread pattern can be fixed easily.

There are newer patches/plugs which is a hybrid of both the older and newer technology.

It looks like a T basically unlike older style plugs or patches. A patch goes on the inside of the hole. While a plug goes through the hole.

The hybrid ones is a patch and plug made into one piece.

You remove the tire and push the plug in the hole and the back side of the plug sits flush against the inside of the tire to make a completely filled and sealed repair.

A definite improvement over previous technology but i still have never had a problem with the older plugs either. It is just more or less insurance.