About The Is300 Transmission

U-Turn

Hi, I'm planning to buy an IS300 soon, but I'm not sure about something. I have heard that with the automatic transmission you can shift with buttons on the steering wheel, but I wasn't sure. Is it true and do you have a full control of the car transmission and shift at any RPM you want, can you also down shift? Because, I like manual transmission, but I never tried a semi-automatic and I think I would greatly appreciate it. Thx for the help to make my decision!

Hi, I'm planning to buy an IS300 soon, but I'm not sure about something. I have heard that with the automatic transmission you can shift with buttons on the steering wheel, but I wasn't sure. Is it true and do you have a full control of the car transmission and shift at any RPM you want, can you also down shift? Because, I like manual transmission, but I never tried a semi-automatic and I think I would greatly appreciate it. Thx for the help to make my decision!

How to drive with e-shift.

Turn your car on and shift into normal drive. Then move the shifter over to the left, you will hear a pop, and you will see the number 5 on your gauges (near the odometer) If you are taking off you will want to push the down button (on the front of the steering wheel) untill you eather hear a beep or it gets to the number 2. It will shift through 1st gear for you. But once you get into 2nd you need to change gears. How do you do this? There is a button right behind the "down" button on your steeringwheel. It is the up button. All you have to do is push it, and it will shift up. You dont have to worry about red lining to much, becuase the engine makes alot of noise when you move past 3,000rpm. As far as down shifting, never got the hang of it in the e-shifts, it always is a ruff shift, so I just flip it back to normal drive when im slowing down.

That how ever is not really what the e-shifty is desinged for, it was made for highway driving where you can flick it over to e-shift, and you can down shift and pass people. Very nice but can quickly get you in trouble with the fuzz

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=281602&highlight=eshift

• 2 weeks later...