Subwoofer / Sound System

ericbel88

I have a 92 sc 400 and i blew out my sub this week. I don't have a lot of cash and the Lexus dealer wants to charge me $500 to replace it. Is there any way i can replace the sub with different brand without getting a new amplifier with it being the same way? Should i get a new sub and amp?...if so what do u reccomend that will fit into the current space for the sub. thanks please help

Check Ebay for a 300watt kicker subwoofer for around $50 or less and it will sound better then stock!!!!! I think an 8 inch sub would work and fit nice. Although, I have a ten inch sub in my 92 sc400 with a stronger amp. Also, any stereo shop shouldn't charge you more then $50 to install if you cannot do it yourself... There are even cheaper subs you can get but the Kicker, Sony, etc.. are the better subs...

I had the same problem in my 95 sc400; Every time I turned up the volume my sub would start making a loud knocking noise. I replaced my factory amp with a Sony 600 watt and my sub with a Sony 10-inch, it sounds MUCH better. I recommend you get both; any 10-inch sub will fit. Good luck...