Remote Start?

dbgar13

You can have a remote starter installed in one of 2 ways. The first way requires you to have one of your keys left inside your RX at all times. They mount it near the ignition switch so that it thinks that a key is in the ignition. The other method adds a module that simulates your key. That way you do not lose the use of one of your keys. I have heard bad reports from people going to places like Circuit City to have the work done... In my area of NY, there are places that specialize in it. We get those cold winters too... Search around and you'll probably find more posts on the topic here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxlink_remote_start.php

I went to the site to see the price & you can't even buy it. Theres no purchase button. Anyways I work at lexus, I also have a lexus & at the dealers they use a system called PURSUIT (A division of AUDIOVOX. The model number is PRO-9275t. The price is 99 after tax. I can buy it & ship it to anyone for 125. Let me know if your interested. They have them in stock. So if I get the money thru paypal, I cna buy & ship same/next day. You can go to audiovox.com for more info on it.

THANKS!

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxlink_remote_start.php

I'm come close to purchasing this one.

One of the advantages of the luxlink, the fact that is uses the factory key transmitter, is also its biggest disadvantage. You are limited to your current remote distance. Kind of defeats the purpose of a remote start. I guess if you only need to remote start from a short distance away, and you currently can unlock your doors over that distance the luxlink would be ok. Most good aftermarket ones are 1000' plus.