Cupholders

Hancok9

I am new to the forum. A three time Lexus owner I have recently purchased a 97 LX450. I have to say this is one fantastic vehicle. I am truely impressed. I got rid of my 99 RX300 looking for a roomier ride. The gas mileage is definitely worth the sacrifice although I can't say my RX300 did that great. The truck is obviously used and the rear cupholders are broken. Anyone know where to find replacements for these. The bottom part is broken that folds down. The actual ring for the cup is in tact. Also, I have noticed the brakes squeal when braking hard. Is this common? The brakes seem like they work fine but maybe I should have them checked out. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am new to the forum. A three time Lexus owner I have recently purchased a 97 LX450. I have to say this is one fantastic vehicle. I am truely impressed. I got rid of my 99 RX300 looking for a roomier ride. The gas mileage is definitely worth the sacrifice although I can't say my RX300 did that great. The truck is obviously used and the rear cupholders are broken. Anyone know where to find replacements for these. The bottom part is broken that folds down. The actual ring for the cup is in tact. Also, I have noticed the brakes squeal when braking hard. Is this common? The brakes seem like they work fine but maybe I should have them checked out. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think rear cup holders were a factory option. You got a picture?

Squeeky brakes... pull the tires and take a look. May be down to the wear indicator tabs and need new brakes. If not, you can pull the pads out and add some anti-squel goop to the back sides, and that may get rid of it.

:cheers:

Rookie

Thanks for the info. After looking closely we have figured out that they are aftermarket.

Based on your description, your cup holders are aftermarket.

The closest thing to a rear (2nd row) cup holder on the LX 450 is the one on drivers side of the center console.

Thanks.