Tough Car

nc211

A commercial banker contact of mine had a 99' LS400. It was beautiful, midnight blue and fully loaded. A cellphone yappin' desperate housewife in a Volvo ran a red light at 50 mph the other day and T-boned his LS right at the driver's side front wheel. She hit him so hard, I kid you not, nearly took the whole front of the car off. The driver's front wheel was pressed nearly into the center section of the engine. Unbelievable damage. The driver? A 68 year old grown man with a bad back "fused vertebra" walked away with not a single scratch. He has a sore neck "pulled a mussle" and his "my old one I gave to him" cell phone broke...that's it! That's all the damage to him. The lady in the Volvo? She'll be OK, but I guess her face got burnt by the airbag gas, broke her ankle and now has a permenant markings on her face from her sunglasses "just kidding, not permenant". Man, if that isn't enough to make you want to own one of these cars...then I don't know what is?

Oh....and yes....I tried to get that wood shifter knob, but the insurance company said "hell no". They won't even let him switch it out with my leather one. Apparently, those things fetch a nice price. I would have figured they wouldn't have noticed...but they did.

Oh....and yes....I tried to get that wood shifter knob, but the insurance company said "hell no". They won't even let him switch it out with my leather one. Apparently, those things fetch a nice price. I would have figured they wouldn't have noticed...but they did.

You can find them on ebay for very reasonable prices. The differences in wood finishes between 2 and 2.5 would drive me crazy though! I'm glad your friend made it through ok! ;)

Does the '99 have side airbags?

Yep! The LS has them from 1997 on....

not trying to b mean to the woman... cause i do feel bad for her... but she was the one who freaken caused the accident. Was she using at least a handsfree? Well i guess different states have different laws about talking on the cell phone while driving.

Well i'm glad ur friend walked out alive as it should always b that way. The sad reality is... the one who usually causes the accident usually are the ones who walks... while the ones who receive r the ones hospitalized... n at times in the graves.

I'm really suprised he only walked off with such minor injuries... an impact at 50mph is no joke. The heavy engine definitely prevented a lot of things.

Again... thank god everyone was able to walk out... automobiles should always protect us... sadly... doesn't always turn out that way. Perhaps one day we'll have an automobile like in Demolition Man... where the whole car FOAMS up. LOL.

Best Wishes to ur friend

Tom

A commercial banker contact of mine had a 99' LS400. It was beautiful, midnight blue and fully loaded. A cellphone yappin' desperate housewife in a Volvo ran a red light at 50 mph the other day and T-boned his LS right at the driver's side front wheel. She hit him so hard, I kid you not, nearly took the whole front of the car off. The driver's front wheel was pressed nearly into the center section of the engine. Unbelievable damage. The driver? A 68 year old grown man with a bad back "fused vertebra" walked away with not a single scratch. He has a sore neck "pulled a mussle" and his "my old one I gave to him" cell phone broke...that's it! That's all the damage to him. The lady in the Volvo? She'll be OK, but I guess her face got burnt by the airbag gas, broke her ankle and now has a permenant markings on her face from her sunglasses "just kidding, not permenant". Man, if that isn't enough to make you want to own one of these cars...then I don't know what is?

I'm telling ya, these Lexus cars are made to take a beating! My daughter and I were hit at an intersection here in Tucson by an 02 Dodge Quad-Cab 4X4 doing almost 60 mph. Hit in the same place, right front when he blew through the intersection without stopping. Her car was an ES300, much smaller than an LS, but it saved our lives. The one thing your friend will need to be careful of is this thing called "comparative negligence" insurance companies are floating out there now. The other guy was cited for excessive speed and failure to yield the intersection, yet his insurance company wants us to take 20% responsibility because "we should've known, by the rate of speed the other driver was travelling, he was not going to stop at the intersection." Nice logic, huh!? Tell your buddy to be ready to get a good lawyer....... I'll try to post some pics.

Mike

:chairshot: :chairshot:

Thats wut i would do to the guy. He wants u to take 20% of the blame?!?! That's ludacris. He blew the light @ 60mph... that's highway speed... he should've judged the light better. The way these insurance company's r operating... kinda makes me mad. Wut happened to being honest?

Tom

omg, i ahve a similar story!! I was in the center lane of 3 lanes on this BLVD and this woman, no surprise there, lol, decides to run a red across this large intersection. Now to be honest, the car next to be, that was blocking my vision of this woman, was a large truck and i couldnt see that she was gonna run. So i went and she hit me, front wheel well of my rx330. Anyways, I STILL GOT BLAMED!!!, because they claimed that i shouldnt have started moving if the other cars havent moved yet! and that i should have looked for safe conditions until moving. OMG, stupid insurance company raised my fee by a few hundred.

yet his insurance company wants us to take 20% responsibility because "we should've known, by the rate of speed the other driver was travelling, he was not going to stop at the intersection." Nice logic, huh!? Tell your buddy to be ready to get a good lawyer...

Man, that is crazy! I would have taken the whole thing to the supreme court if I had to under one simple rule: The only way I could have figured out the speed of the car would have been with a radar gun located in my vehicle. It is my understanding that it is illegal for me to operate one in my car, as I am not a law enforcement officer. In addition, if it is now illegal to use my cell phone while the car is in D w/o a hands free attachment, then how would I be allowed to operate a radar gun?

Here is my routing number and account number, please wire the funds by 5:00 pm today.