Sc Lexus Is Bashed By E55 Amg -

JIBBBY

My Webpage My best friends older brother is boasting again and bragging about his AMG E55 and say's today to me to go to "google search" type "amg e55 engine" go scroll two down where it says "insideline...kicked" so, I am thinking my friends older brother is just pointing me towards another good write up on his AMG E55. Anyway I read paragraphs 6 and 7 of this artical and my blood starts to boil.. Just public bashing on the Lex SC... See I backed out of racing him for Laker tickets two months ago because I knew I would lose. This AMG E55 does........0-60 4.5sec and the quarter in 12.8 sec. My freind has driven his brothers car and hammered the E55 and says it is just simply smoothe and fast with no let off in all gears and just pulls rediculously. He has also been in my sc400 riding nos and hammered before my latest mods were installed. (Fat rear tires, headers, fan, Ecu piggyback tunning, etc...) He says my car is roudy and rude 0-50 which it is, but he also said I will get spanked in the end because of the lack of off the line traction and let offs in between the transmission shifts. This is crap and I may have to give it a go to try to shut him up, if it is close which it should be I will maybe get some damn respect..... this is bull I really need to shut him down. This guy is an all right guy and is just poking fun at me after spending 80k on jis E55, so it's all good but I hate getting no respect in these sc's....and now this...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Followup/articleId=100647

Just click my web page at the top and you will see the artical...

The best way is to get a test drive in the E55. I love the car and it is very fast.

Hell go for an endurance race of a few hundred miles and he will problably break down and you will win by default.

I don't think NOS alone can keep you up to the 55 a couple of turbos and then yes , but for now bow down and let him have his fun because he does have the faster car on paper from what i have read.

I feel trumped alone to bow down by the new LS having 380 hp compared to my lowly 300 . I was thinking of making mine faster with a charger later on but that much power on tap stock ,i think i will just buy one of them one day instead.

Yeah I hear you Sk - I will bow down with the best of them for now. However with a build or swap of my tranny and some forged pistons and rods I may just up the nos shot to 200hp, until supercharging at later date which I plan to do anyway....Just hate bowing down after all this work I am putting into the car... All I can say too him for now is "how much did you spend on this dream car of yours" when I really want to say let's go mouth, let's see what your 80K Amg that is ready to break down any minute can do..

Anyway I must be honest, I too have seen these E55 AMG cars in and out and they look real awesome......and that I cannot deny.....

Like i said , i know exactly where you are coming from although no one every even looks my way for a run as i drive an ol' mans car. No one even knows its potential ,although i do have to put an sts and a TL to rest shortly as both of them think they are fast. I can't wait but know it will take much more work before it is ever a really fast car.

Now if i could only find an LS 460 and transplant that engine into mine i would be real happy just not sure it would justify my needs.

An E55 is made to give an M5 a run and i am pretty sure it beats it .

Just stay away from any Benz with a 65 engine it is all 12 cylinder twin turbo power waiting to eat you alive and about 99%of other cars on the road today and about everything even available from a dealership.

Sk - nothing like running a true sleeper. That could be fun, but definetly hard to get a true race.. My car is loud at high rpm's and has a low deep rumble at idle, I have the car lowered one inch, tinted, racing rims so they notice me all the time....if that doesn't work then I can always blast the 450 kicker amp to get their attention.. Either way I am noticed if I pull up to a hotrod, whether I get the race or not is a different story... Acually I get to race alot where I live, lots of fancy new sports cars roaming around the Marina Del Rey area in LA, California...There is a good double one lane empty street that runs next to the freeway and many fancy cars drive on it to avoid traffic to get to their fancy homes in the Marina, No police, No tickets, no danger, just a smoothe straight for two miles and only one light. These yuppies can't resist racing their leased porsche's, M beemers etc..Finding the race is not the problem but always winning them against the big boys is (Vipers,vettes,AMG,porsche's etc...) I have backed down a few times to say the least.

Just for the record, the stock new vette's still take all the AMG's. Vette's are 0-60 in 4.3 and 12.7 in the Q.M. The AMG E55 is 4.5 and 12.8 so it's close but no cigar. Also some Aussies are running their stock lexus/soarer trannies 12.7 in the quarter with the help of a built engine and strong turbo, just not the 4.5 0-60mph.. There is hope, I will take a come from behind victory any day of the week.

That SL 65 doesn't count, I have never seen one on the road. However, I did see one close up at the LA auto show some time ago, and the specs were sick as I remember.. though it was not any nicer looking then the E55 in my opinion. I also noticed a huge price tag on the window that was like over $100,000 or something. Yes, the SL 65 should not be messed with...and if you want one you may have to morgage or sell the house to afford one.

I have seen a few SL65's in Toronto but more S65's.

I have an unlce that owns one for a daily and he eats Vettes for lunch while his kids play video games in the back as he says.

It is also the same engine as the maybach and only this year was a part of the line up . Before it was only by special order for about 3 years as it was not on the Benz menu of options and was also only called a S600.

Sk-Curious does your Uncle tell you if his car breaks down alot? I have a friend that worked at the Mercedes dealership and say's all the AMG's and top end Mercedes have problems, he say's they are always in for repairs under the warranty......said the newer mercedes are not built as well as the older ones.

Anyway, I am fine with my Lexus as it has only broken down once since owned and that was because of my stupidity. This happen a year ago when I added 500 pounds of sand bags in my trunk to help with traction when I first got the nos system installed. What happen is I hit the nos and gripped real well and the next thing I hear is the rear spindle studs and lug nuts on my driver side wheel breaking off and then the rear wheel went flying off the car and into somebodies front yard. I thought my transmission fell out or something for a second, anyway what happen next is the back end of the sc400 drops while I was going around 40mph or so and then road my brake rotor on the ground creating a spark show like none other you will ever see, until I came to a full stop. I was running rear 1/4 inch wheel spacers at the time which I know added to that failure. Anyway, all was ok, no one got hurt with the flying wheel, thank god and got rid of the sand bags. That is the only break down in two years on my sc. Not bad wouldn't you say?...

In all this forum posting and stuff I figured out my eventual goal with this car of mine and that is too make it look something like this car in this picture below and have it sport about 650 horse power. That will suit my needs just fine. I have the plan and money to do it, but the time needed to put into it maybe the problem. I think...Ouch$$$$ Just trying to figure out what to do with the stock transmission that cannot take more the 450hp or so....Story over see ya....

post-13978-1139374541_thumb.jpg

I'll sum it up this way

In years gone by MB made solid cars pre 97 called analog cars.

Now all the newer ones are digital which has so much electroincs and they do not work toghether very well.

So is MB as reliable as tehy used to be ,not a chance.

BTW i used to work for MB until last year as an inspector , so need to ask my uncle abouts there lack of reliablity.

I remeber on guy bought a brand new S600 V12 and came back after 3 hours saying the a/c did not work. After the tech looked at it quickly the sale was terminated and the car sat on the used lot an hour later.

you have to remember that your car is at least 10 years older than your friends and you should hope that its faster. and well what naturaly aspirated 4 liter v8 in 1992 made 250hp? and at the same time was quiet and smooth. your 4 speed trans is also no match for his 5speed. that one extra gear makes a whole lot of difference for 0-60/ 1/4mile runs. to help a little you might want to invest in some gearing in your diff. that will definitely improve time. along with that his car is supercharged. well all i have to say is give it a try and see how much fast his car is if it is and see what you have to do to be faster and do a rematch.

as for that article the amg may be fast in a straight line but its no match for my s2000 in the twisty mountain passes :P

Sk- I hear you and that is too bad the newer Mercedes look so nice now and use to be the solid car to buy years back, now they are like the older 12 cylinder Jags or Land Rovers....just wanting to break down....

izz30- I have the supra lsd now which I believe is a slightly different gearing ratio then the sc stock, and it seems to be working out just fine in combination with the dragon torque converter. Lowend torque is real strong in this car, top end is suspect... reducing or altering the diff gearing yes while it does make the car shift faster between gears and may make the car faster 0-60 or so, it also reduces the top speed of the car. The change will make the car ride at a higher rpm then normally on the freeway (wasting gas) and the speedo will be off ten miles or so. The miles also on the cars OD will start racking up faster then what would be normally.. Just a few things to think about...I still enjoy my car for it's luxury and performance, drivability, reliability and endurance (like the long road trips sometimes)...don't want to mess with a good thing.

first of all, that guy's an idoit. comparing 03 E55 to "OLD SC400's"? :lol: even ray charles could see that's a mismatch! comparing the E55 to the GS430, may be another story.... and if you ask me i think the car is already dead already! why? every engine is hand built! if memory servers me well, one of my business teachers pointed out that one reason why Japan builds better cars than Americans is that during WW2 we bombed the :censored: outta all thier manufactoring plants. so WE helped THEM build new plants and then with the integration of robotic arms and such means more precise everything, eliminating most of the human error which can cause a lot of problems. (MB look out) don't know if this is really possible but toyota has a new 8-speed tranny.... transplant anyone? :D just a thought. if your friend really think he's hot stuff, wait until the GS gets the new 4.6L V8 and the new tranny and simply "SMOKE 'EM" for prob about 30K less than the E55 (50K for the GS, 80K for the E55)

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...icleId=100647#4

what a riot :lol: :chairshot: :lol:

Yes I would be an idiot if I compared a stock 1992 or newer SC400 Lexus to the almighty AMG E55. I would also be an idiot for comparing the stock gs430 to the E55 AMG!!!!....Right back at you pal... My car is not stock and is rated and putting out over 400hp and is geared real nicely. It is also just about completely restored in and out, so I don't think my car is dead by any meens. Infact, I get compliments on it all the time, asking if that is a new kind of lexus I own..

In regards to your above post, I don't think I would lose the race by that much to the E55 because my car rips..... I have raced a new BMW M3, a New V8 mustang, etc..(and pulled away, smoked the gs430, ls430, sc430, the new 330 lexus sedan, and it wasn't even close none of the races, however the M3 race was a close race but I pulled away slowly... What else I almost hung with a new corvette but got wasted off the line... So this is why I posted this thread to begin with....Oh and I will beat the AMG 55 with this SC you just need to give me a few months to work it out... See ya

(she's old but she will still hold) These are not good pics of the car either, I need to update...

PS. If you were talking about the guy writting the article being an idiot and not me then I am sorry for the come back cracks towards you.... ;)

post-13978-1139602790_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1139602827_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1139602860_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1139603124_thumb.jpg