Infiniti Q45

LexKid630

Sure, my dad looked at them when he thought about trading his 98 LS in 01.

They're nice, but not nearly as nice as an LS. The engineering and refinement is just not there all the way.

Pretty evident since Infiniti sold something like 50 of them in December nationwide lol.

Its ripe for a redesign, and if the G, M, and FX are any indication the new one should be much more attractive.

For the money, I think it's pretty tough to beat a 2001 Q45 these days. Depreciation has killed those cars. Bad for new purchasers, great for used purchasers. I agree with the guys on the comparision between the Q and LS. Two totally different platforms in my opinion, with two totally diffrent goals in driving characteristics. I think the Q is more "sports car" inspired, and the LS is more cruising inspired. I haven't driven one, but I would like to. I hear they haul!!

Yep, the first-generation Q45 was a great car. If you can find one these days that has been well-cared-for, you're in for a real treat along with the financial bargain your checkbook will enjoy. Those big sedans were good-looking, solid rocketships for road warriors with a heavy right foot and they had the engineering to hold up under the stress as well.

I always smile and nod at the oncoming driver whenever I encounter a first-generation Q45 barreling down the road towards me....

I almost bought a 97 Q45 back in 2001 while living in Birmingham, AL. I test drove it, and it was very nice! Would put your butt in the seat, that's for sure. But upon running carfax, found out it had been T-boned TWICE in Florida....and get this, within 6 weeks of eachother too. Talk about a case of bad luck...

Yep, the first-generation Q45 was a great car. If you can find one these days that has been well-cared-for, you're in for a real treat along with the financial bargain your checkbook will enjoy. Those big sedans were good-looking, solid rocketships for road warriors with a heavy right foot and they had the engineering to hold up under the stress as well.

I always smile and nod at the oncoming driver whenever I encounter a first-generation Q45 barreling down the road towards me....

I got to drive a Q-45 2001, which by the way has nice features and looks great. I has ample power easy to drive. The thing I loved the most was a featured visor that covers the leather and speakers which are in the back. The visor effectively repels the sun and heat. The analog clock is great. My friend drove my LS and was very impressed with it also. He has a check engine light on, probably a 02 sensor. No major mechanical problems with the car since he has it about two years. He paid $19,000 for it. Hate the new bublehead look the car has.

C. PR

I almost bought a 97 Q45 back in 2001 while living in Birmingham, AL. I test drove it, and it was very nice! Would put your butt in the seat, that's for sure. But upon running carfax, found out it had been T-boned TWICE in Florida....and get this, within 6 weeks of eachother too. Talk about a case of bad luck...