Rx 330 Warranty For Outside Oil Changes

I recently purchased a used lexus rx 330. It is now due for it's oil/filter change and tire rotation. The lexus dealership is 40-50 miles away. Do I have to go to the dealership for warranty coverage or can I have it done locally at a Jiffy lube or someplace and still qualify for the warranty? The lexus has 23,000 miles on it

I recently purchased a used lexus rx 330. It is now due for it's oil/filter change and tire rotation. The lexus dealership is 40-50 miles away. Do I have to go to the dealership for warranty coverage or can I have it done locally at a Jiffy lube or someplace and still qualify for the warranty? The lexus has 23,000 miles on it

My advise use original filter, but look in your owners manual and call the Lexus customer department and ask them your options not to void the warranty. They will help you, 1 800 255 3987, in case you do not have owners manual with you. I did call them and they are very helpful, they will not hang up on you until they answered the question to your satisfaction. Good Luck. In case they say Jiffy or Pep boys is ok use until the warranty runs out the Lex Original Filter, you can get them at www.irontoad.com.

C. PR

Mechanically, your RX330 is a Toyota Highlander and has the same engine and transmission so it shares practically all routine maintenance parts and filters with the Highlander. So you can buy parts like oil filters from your local Toyota dealer part #90915-YZZD1 . Best prices of all are from online discount Toyota dealers like 1sttoyotaparts.com or online Lexus dealers like irontoad.com

I am almost positive that places like Jiffy Lube, etc. will not void your warranty. I know that there was discussion about dealers requiring that vehicle had to be serviced at the dealership but I am think that it was made clear to them that they could not do that. I remember signing a petition on that exact topic in a Jiffy Lube...

I know that the dealership that I bought mine from will come and pick the car up for any service while under warranty....not sure if your does or not...might want to ask???

• 2 weeks later...

It is against the law for a car company to make service at the dealership a requirement for keeping the warranty in effect. You can have the vehicle serviced anywhere, or service it yourself, just keepyour reciepts.

It is against the law for a car company to make service at the dealership a requirement for keeping the warranty in effect. You can have the vehicle serviced anywhere, or service it yourself, just keepyour reciepts.

I thought that was the case...I just wasn't 100% sure on it...

• 5 months later...

As a Lexus Parts Mgr. I like when people take their vehicles to Pep Boys or Jiffy Lube that way I can make a lot of money on a short block when they screw something up.Just joking,I say use a factory filter and if you can't get to a Lexus or Toyota Dealership use someone competant and keep receipts.