97 Pass Axle Removal

k since i cant get the fsm to work still i am needing to know how to remove the passenger axle from the rear mount bracket? do i simply unbolt the 5/6 bolts from differential? or what. i have removed the bolt under the rear mount bracket, but dont know where to go from here. from there i can try to press out the mount myself(doubtful) or take it to get pressed out. btw, is there a certain way that the mount goes in?

k since i cant get the fsm to work still i am needing to know how to remove the passenger axle from the rear mount bracket? do i simply unbolt the 5/6 bolts from differential? or what. i have removed the bolt under the rear mount bracket, but dont know where to go from here. from there i can try to press out the mount myself(doubtful) or take it to get pressed out. btw, is there a certain way that the mount goes in?

Did you try the winzip.com utility download to decompress the fsm download? You will need Adobe Acrobat to then read the uncomressed FSM's.

Take out the 1 bolt that goes through the mount and locks the axle. Remove the snapring and soak the area with rust penetrant. Long punch and heavy blows with a hammer will pop the axle out of the mount.