Snow Tires

fjstl

I sold my 97 LS 400 with 180,000 and just purchased a 98 LS 400 with 80,000. Because I live in the northeast, I need snow tires and used Blizzacks on the rear of the 97 and the tire size was 225 x 60 x 16. the size tire for the 98 is 225 x 50 x 16. I don't know the difference between the 60 vs 50 series. Does anyone know if the tire will fit on the 98 Lexus? thanks.

I sold my 97 LS 400 with 180,000 and just purchased a 98 LS 400 with 80,000. Because I live in the northeast, I need snow tires and used Blizzacks on the rear of the 97 and the tire size was 225 x 60 x 16. the size tire for the 98 is 225 x 50 x 16. I don't know the difference between the 60 vs 50 series. Does anyone know if the tire will fit on the 98 Lexus? thanks.

Here is some info on the first part...you will have 10mm less with the 50 aspect ratio compared with your previous 97 LS' '60'. Below explains it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=7

As for specific 'winter' tires (I say winter because they are generally more popular than snows today).

I think your 2 best choices in your size are....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...re1=yes&place=5

& the...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...re1=yes&place=3

:cheers:

That is a big difference to go to a 50 from the normal 60 series tires.

My 98 uses 225/60 16's stock as should yours.

The 97 had the same size as well.

I thought that was the correct size actually :huh:

:cheers:

I don't know if original alloy rims from a 91 LS400 will fit your 98, but i've got 4 already mounted with Blizzak snow tires used only 1 short season that are taking up space in my garage. Tires were sold by my Lexus dealer and recommended for the LS400 - 225/55 R16. If you're interested, email me at tseute@cox.net and I can send you pictures...

Tim

I don't know if original alloy rims from a 91 LS400 will fit your 98, but i've got 4 already mounted with Blizzak snow tires used only 1 short season that are taking up space in my garage. Tires were sold by my Lexus dealer and recommended for the LS400 - 225/55 R16. If you're interested, email me at tseute@cox.net and I can send you pictures...

Tim

nope, they will only fit 90-94 LS400's with a smaller brake caliper only

• 3 weeks later...