Bluetooth - Device Failing

Hello all,

I am poised with a difficult situation. I currently work for a lexus dealership at the help desk (helping with bluetooth, navigation, homelink, programing keys....) and i have run into a problem that hopefully the forum members can assist me with. I do phonebook transferes for guests who have verizon phones who can't transfer their contacts, by putting their numbers into a phone here at the dealership (sony ericsson T610) and transfering them into the car.

My dilemma is this: Slowly but surely the bluetooth transfers are becoming harder and harder to accomplish. When I first started this I was able to beam them in with only one try. As time went on it would fail once or twice before it would then connect, and today it wouldn't connect at all. It will connect just for the bluetooth pairing, but it fails for the data transfer.

I am currently on the my second phone, same make and model. The first one was acting like crap when I got this position, so i wrote that one off as just being old. The second one use to work like a dream until recently.

I want to know, does bluetooth wear down? can it break or become faulty? My knowledge is limited to personal experience, and as I currently don't personally own a bluetooth enabled phone, i have nothing to compare my experiences too. Has anyone else experienced a bluetooth breakdown or anything similar? Do you suspect it is exclusive to Sony Ericsson phones or has anyone had this happen to a motorola.

any and all feedback will help.