Gx470 - New Model Year Changes?

rcasp

Does anyone know if the 2004 GX-470 will be different in any notable way from the 2003 model?

This is a new model vehicle. I do not think any changes are due to this vehicle at all. The other thnign that i could think that my be oofered would be different colors..

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that the 2004 models (due in dealerships in late September) will add a "backup camera" as safety feature to the navigation system. The camera turns the navigation screen into a monitor letting you see what's behind the vehicle when it is in reverse. It's already available on the new RX.

I understand that the 2004 models (due in dealerships in late September) will add a "backup camera" as safety feature to the navigation system. The camera turns the navigation screen into a monitor letting you see what's behind the vehicle when it is in reverse. It's already available on the new RX.

This is going to be an option for the customer on the GS. The LS 430 will have this as a standard item. I have also been told by Toyota/Lexus Corp. That there also may be a back up sensor system offered as an option for the GS as well.

Here's what I am aware of:

* Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS)

* Tire Pressure Monitor (direct system like SC)

* Roll-sensing system (tied to curtain airbag)

* Back-up camera (set with navigation)

Not sure exactly what KDSS is.

JB