Where Did You Mount Your Fog Light Hid Ballast

robinzon

Hey,

For those who have done HID Fog Light installs where did you wind up mounting your ballasts? Oddly the harness from the ballast to the bulbs is quite short and I am now trying to decide as to where to mount the ballasts as not to have tension on the harness.

thanks

what no takers?

Hey,

For those who have done HID Fog Light installs where did you wind up mounting your ballasts? Oddly the harness from the ballast to the bulbs is quite short and I am now trying to decide as to where to mount the ballasts as not to have tension on the harness.

thanks

I have Phillips ballasts (older thicker) and the sad part is the bulb connector is very short. Though I have another set of ballasts (similar to McCullouch in size ) that are smaller with a slightly longer connector that I can take off of the low beams and use on fogs. Again, the issue is mounting position since it has to reach the fog AND fit. There is a lip in front of the battery but to access that I need to either take the bumper off or somehow snake it from under the car since the tie wrap is a hard reach.

WHat kind of ballasts do you have?

have you actually done that? My concern is moisture of course. The other course of action would be to mount the ballast to the foglight enclosure itself. I do have the ballast holders, that's not an issue. Even on the body are there decent mounting holes to use. I am considering swapping the ballasts to the Ultinon Slimlines with sep. igniters since the harness is longer and the ballast is much easier to mount due to size. Aain if you have a specific location in mind let me know.

Thanks

They sell ballast mounts which are basically an X with 4 screw hole at its ends which can be mounted to the underside of the body close to the lights.

As i don;t have a GX a specific location i can't give you.

If you have oem phillips ballasts then i would not worry about moisture asd they are made waterproof by being injected with a rubber/silicone sealent covering the whole board not just the casing edges.

Open yours up to make sure which should reduce the worry of moisture.