Door Panel

• 5 months later...

This is a copy paste from here: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=30018

"

I'll bet you've got it off by now. I've had the door panels off my 93 SC 300 a couple of times in the last month or so, shocked with how simple it was (the second time, any way.)

There is a screw behind the door handle, has a little plastic cover to hide it from view. Cover pops off with a flathead.

If you got that one and still can't get it off, hmm... 2 armrest screws, two screws under color-matched caps along the leading edge of the door...

There also might be a little pressure from the switch panels, but they pop out.

Good luck.

Oh, wait!

Might be the cables from the door handle and the lock hanging you up. Sitting in your front seat, you lift the door panel and a few inches from the frame, then, looking over the top between frame and door panel, you'll see the quick releases for the door handle and lock.

"

Took me one hour of try an error to figure it out by myself.. :censored: Then later on I found this lovely forum

• 5 years later...

I'm having a similar problem with a 1992 Lexus LS400 (1st gen). My front driver side door is locked and the lock won't fully travel, so I can't open the door. I'm not completely sure the door handle (inside or outside) is working either. The inside lock travels some of the way, but near the end (near the fully open position) it encounters resistance. When released, it sort of "snaps" back to the locked position. Is there a quick release for the LS400 as well? If so, where EXACTLY is it? Thank you again for your time!

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry for late reply.. probably you have figured it out by now, but just for future reference..

On my 95 SC400 there is a flat plastic cover right under the door handle, inside, the one you pull to open the door.

The part name is 69206BHANDLE SUB-ASSY, FRONT DOOR INSIDE, LH

Cheers