Sc300 Tires

bhasbro

I have a set of Pirelli P6s that were advertised for 50,000 miles, but are worn down at 25,000. Anyone have a recommendation for tires that will last, but have good grip and rain traction? Oh yeah, they need to ride great as well.

Check out Nexen on Ebay. I recently mounted a set of 18s on my SC400 and the Nexen tires are economical yet have an aggressive tread pattern and nice side wall. They are also rated above average for wear. They ride very well in dry and wet conditions.

I liked them so much, I just put a set on my wifes SC430.

:cheers:

bhasbro, I purchased a set of Falken Z-512 all seasonal performance tires. I put about 3,000 mileages on my tires and they seem to be holding up fine. The tires ride well in rain and have a quite ride. Although, you will always have problems with quick tire wear due to weight differental from the front to back wheels. Especially if you drive hard in and out of corners.

I agree with the above post. Safety and grip, especially wet weather grip is far more important than long term wear. You won't get great grip (dry) and long wear as the tread compounds are formulated differently. I suggest going with 16 inch rims ( the standard for early SC400's) if you have the older 15 inch rims on your SC300. They can be picked up inexpensively on Ebay. I use 16 inch Goodyear F1 Eagle GS D3 tires from tirerack.com. They are quiet and have the best wet grip of any tire I've owned. Check the reviews as they are accurate.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older thread.

I went with 235/45HR17 Bridgestone Potenza G 009 (High Performance All-Season $131) from TireRack.com. I needed a reaonably priced, capable, all season tire with good wet traction & decent handling. They handle well. They're not quite as sticky as the Dunlop SP Sport 5000's I had before. But, they're all season & come with a 50,000 mile treadlife warranty. They also ride 10x better than Khumo tires I ran previously.

93 SC300 with 17" IS300 wheels