Radio,tape, And Cd Player Lock Up?

about 2 months ago I was driving in my car, listening to a cd one day when all of a sudden my cd player stops and it says ERR on the display. I thought it was no big deal because this usually happens when the CD is upside down, or it is really cold outside.

Well I let the car warm up and i aired out the trunk like the manual said, but still ERR.

So I had to listen to my radio for a while and every so often i tried my cd player but nothing.

So I took the 6 disc changer out of the trunk and cleaned the lens, and cleaned the dust out from inside.

I went to put it back into the car but it still did not work. And on top of that my radio and cassete player didn't work either. I press the power button and none of the lights come on, absolutely nothing happens.

I checked all the fuses and they all seem to be working alright. My lighter, dome light and other things that are on the same fuse as that all work so it can't be a fuze. The is one fuse that the manual sayd runs only those components, but I changed that one to make sure and it still did not work.

I have no idea what to do next and if anyone can help I would be very thankful.

about 2 months ago I was driving in my car, listening to a cd one day when all of a sudden my cd player stops and it says ERR on the display. I thought it was no big deal because this usually happens when the CD is upside down, or it is really cold outside.

Well I let the car warm up and i aired out the trunk like the manual said, but still ERR.

So I had to listen to my radio for a while and every so often i tried my cd player but nothing.

So I took the 6 disc changer out of the trunk and cleaned the lens, and cleaned the dust out from inside.

I went to put it back into the car but it still did not work. And on top of that my radio and cassete player didn't work either. I press the power button and none of the lights come on, absolutely nothing happens.

I checked all the fuses and they all seem to be working alright. My lighter, dome light and other things that are on the same fuse as that all work so it can't be a fuze. The is one fuse that the manual sayd runs only those components, but I changed that one to make sure and it still did not work.

I have no idea what to do next and if anyone can help I would be very thankful.

Double check the changer connector, Reset the ecu, Sytem should go back to default.

How do I reset the ecu???

Disconnect the neg. battery cable for a few minutes and reconnect. You will lose all of your presets. Let us know how it goes.

How did you get the dust out of the inside when you cleaned it ? How did you clean the laser ?

Icleaned out the dust using an air compressor. and i cleaned the lens with rubbing alcohol.

Right now I just disconected the neg cable for about 5 minutes. Reconnected and nothing happened. But it still had the right time on the clock. So I took it off again and am gonna let it sit there for a while.

Right now I would just like to get the radio and cassette player working at least........really boring driving hours everyday with nothing to do.

I unhooked the neg battery cable for about 5 hours.....I put it back on and I noticed that the clock reset so it did work.......

but when I hit my radio power button still nothing happens.....anyone have an idea on what else could be the problem???

I unhooked the neg battery cable for about 5 hours.....I put it back on and I noticed that the clock reset so it did work.......

but when I hit my radio power button still nothing happens.....anyone have an idea on what else could be the problem???

Tyler, Where in minnesota are you ? If I am not mistaken there are 2 fuses for the audio.

I live in Grand Rapids MN...........I have looked in the manual and I think I have checked all the fuses........I checked the driver side panel, and the fuses in the trunk.....if you know where there are more to check I would reatly appreciate it.

I live in Grand Rapids MN...........I have looked in the manual and I think I have checked all the fuses........I checked the driver side panel, and the fuses in the trunk.....if you know where there are more to check I would reatly appreciate it.

Have you checked all the connections to the headunit ? The amp ? etc...

Yeah, Grand Rapids is a ways from me. Hope you get this worked out. Maybe your headunit is shot.

No I have not checked the amp or the headunit......I am not even sure where they are located......behind the radio and cassette??? I go to college in Brainerd and I go to St.cloud every other weak.....where do you live in Minnesota?

I am working on it right now so if you could tell me where the headunit is I will check it out.

No I have not checked the amp or the headunit......I am not even sure where they are located......behind the radio and cassette??? I go to college in Brainerd and I go to St.cloud every other weak.....where do you live in Minnesota?

I am working on it right now so if you could tell me where the headunit is I will check it out.

20 mins. north of the TC's, The headunit is your radio/cassette component in the center dash.

Thanks, also where is the amp located? Are the two together?

I also notice my antenna does not go up.

If it is the headunit, are they expensive or hard to replace.

I'll check the wirings first to see if anything is loose.

Thanks, also where is the amp located? Are the two together?

I also notice my antenna does not go up.

If it is the headunit, are they expensive or hard to replace.

I'll check the wirings first to see if anything is loose.

Headunit is easy to switchout. Let's see I think I have pix somewhere, Yeah, Here they are.

post-1634-1139022793_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022801_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022809_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022818_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022833_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022847_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022859_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022872_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022889_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022906_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022917_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022925_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022955_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022963_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022969_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1139022976_thumb.jpg

Wow, thanks again.

Is there a way to check if it is bad?

Also today I seen something out of the corner of my eye and every so often the lights on the midi, treble and bass would "blip" on every 20 minutes or so.....

Wow, thanks again.

Is there a way to check if it is bad?

Also today I seen something out of the corner of my eye and every so often the lights on the midi, treble and bass would "blip" on every 20 minutes or so.....

Maybe the unit has a loose connection. Did you ever see "SEC" on the lcd ?

Ok, I ot the headunti out just like the picture...Is there a way to test it and see if it is ood? Or do I just have to buy a new one and see if it works? Isee there is one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...Y_BIN_Stores_IT

I hate to spend that much and have that not be the problem......Also is that model GS300 compatible with my car? Thanks alot

Ok, I ot the headunti out just like the picture...Is there a way to test it and see if it is ood? Or do I just have to buy a new one and see if it works? Isee there is one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...Y_BIN_Stores_IT

I hate to spend that much and have that not be the problem......Also is that model GS300 compatible with my car? Thanks alot

No, The gs will not fit. Take it to a reputable stereo shop and have them test it.

Well now I have a bisically simple decision to make.....my friend just ripped off a wire strip from inside the radio and broke it anyways.....so I have to get a new one.....which radios do you know that will fit in it???Or any other lexus radios that will fit?

Well now I have a bisically simple decision to make.....my friend just ripped off a wire strip from inside the radio and broke it anyways.....so I have to get a new one.....which radios do you know that will fit in it???Or any other lexus radios that will fit?

Just search your year and model. Good Luck