STEERING WHEEL SHAKE ON 99 GS400 AT 60 MILES PER HOUR

I recently bought a 2000 GS4 Platium with 16" wheels size and Goodyear tires (I believe it is the original, has about 40% live left). I noticed that the car vibrated a little around 55-80 mph. I took the car to an Exxon gas station near by for rebalance all 4 wheels. It did not fix the problem. I then took the car to the Lexus dealer for rebalance all 4 wheels. The dealer charged me a hefty $105 for it, but it fixed the vibration. The service person at Lexus dealer told me that most small service station like Exxon does not has high speed balancing machine, and big wheels sometime will not balance with those "low speed" balancing machine.

Hope this help.

My '93 gs3 had the same problem especially around 60-65 and i told my mechanic about it....they rebalanced it and it drove perfect for about 2 weeks and then i found myself having to pay for it to be rebalanced again...i do not have any complaints about this with my 2000 gs300 but then again i've only had it for about a month...I have the stock 16's with michelin tires and i love them...want 20's springs and shocks but afraid of how it will affect the ride.... ;)