2007 Es

amf1932

I love that blue colour! :D B) & thankfully........the tail lights look sharp (no orange inserts for the turn signals). Only thing I am having a problem with is the round center part of the dash. :blink::rolleyes: Of all the things Lexus did.......they are gonna have to use their 'mulligan' & fix that.......I thought the ES was suppose to mirror the LS?:whistles: Looks like an afterthought. <_<

Not crazy about the glass roof feature personally......I'll stick with the regular moonroof. ;)

After going through the 'peliminary' specs.......I see that body side mouldings are an accessory that is available......that should break up the slab sided (and high belt line) doors.

:cheers:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a beautiful car, No doubt. I really dislike the sunroof. When panels are raised and retracted it looks cheap and ruins the roofline. How embarrasing.

Thats why the panoramic roof is an option.

Still don't know why they removed the optitron gauges

These are optitron gauges, they're just not as deeply inset as we're used to.

Everyone is copying those gauges now, Lexus has to make them unique somehow.

"Thats why the panoramic roof is an option."

Even as an option it still looks odd, The sunroof reminds me of a pontiac :censored:

Even as an option it still looks odd, The sunroof reminds me of a pontiac :censored:

I noticed that too dc.....agreed. B)

Anybody else thing the back end has at least some resemblance to the Acura TSX? :huh:

I noticed that too dc.....agreed. B)

Anybody else thing the back end has at least some resemblance to the Acura TSX? :huh:

To make a long story short, I just got back home from a 1200 mile road trip, On my way home I followed a TSX for a hun. miles or so and from directly behind it resembles the acura because the acura is more or less squared off, As soon as you look at the rear end from a angle the "illusion" changes. So from directly behind it does resemble the TSX but as you move to either side You are reminded it is a lexus. ;) I still think the es is a very nice looking auto, I wouldn't kick it out of my driveway. :cheers:

Many luxury cars have panoramic roofs that operate the same way. I like it, I very rarely ever open the sunroof, so its good for the rear passengers to look out.

I like the sunroof/pan view, But I don't like the way the car looks when it is open. I think it should lay flat/hidden. It wouldn't deter me from purchasing but I think lexus could have engineered it differently.

personally i like the way it looks more aggressive than previous ES's. i used to think of the ES as a baby LS (due to the taillights) but this new ES has taken a personality of it's own! just look how the car looks turning and sitting. IMO it's a nice car, looks FUN to DRIVE! not soft and playful like the others (pre '01)

post-20216-1139505525_thumb.jpg

post-20216-1139505538_thumb.jpg

P.S. that red is SUPER CLEAN! :D

I love that blue colour! :D B) & thankfully........the tail lights look sharp (no orange inserts for the turn signals). Only thing I am having a problem with is the round center part of the dash. :blink::rolleyes: Of all the things Lexus did.......they are gonna have to use their 'mulligan' & fix that.......I thought the ES was suppose to mirror the LS?:whistles: Looks like an afterthought. <_<

Not crazy about the glass roof feature personally......I'll stick with the regular moonroof. ;)

After going through the 'peliminary' specs.......I see that body side mouldings are an accessory that is available......that should break up the slab sided (and high belt line) doors.

This blue is a little too LIGHT now, for me. Before it was too dark, now too light; i want a color in between!

What keeps impressing me is the technology in this car that used to be saved for the higher line vehicles.

Power tilt telescoping wheel (I really miss that, adds a lot to the "Lexus experience").

Auto recirculation/fresh air mode on the HVAC.

Laser cruise

Keyless entry/start

Full driver info center in the gauge cluster

UL package with semi analine perforated leather

Panoramic roof

14 speaker ML audio system

And with the added rear legroom because of the legnthened wheelbase this just might be a candidate for saving $600 a month on a new LS sometime in 2007 for me...

Thats probably aquamarine pearl...

Anyways I doubt the ES will be "fun to drive", it'll be soft and comfy like its always been.

I'm liking it more and more...

Overall I have to agree.......I am more impressed but the actual 'launch' photos than the spy shots of just the last week or so.......& in that blue color......it's getting me all hot & bothered lol. :D

I got an e-mail from Lexus.ca today.......they are inviting me to another Lexus plant tour! B)

Thats probably aquamarine pearl...

I'm liking it more and more...

.......& in that blue color......it's getting me all hot & bothered lol. :D

Everybody seems to love the blue.....

Anybody else feeling the nostalgia of that retro '70's brown??

post-10851-1139535156_thumb.jpg

I had Ford Maverick - '72?? - that same color. What a machine that was!!! LOL LOL . Makes me want to cry just thinkin' about it ....

But I will agree with most others so far - I wasn't impressed with the initial "leaked" photos, but these official ones make the car look MUCH nicer. I like it better than the model it's replacing. I'll have to see it in person and close up to really decide, of course, but I'm starting to come around to liking it.

Now, if you could get one in brown, with brown vinyl bucket seats and a 2-speed auto trans... my '70's retro flashback would be complete. Groan....

tck....

anybody know a price yet?

My guess is $42-45k for the fully loaded Ultra Luxury model.

What is the current 2006 ES MSRP? That sounds a tad high imo sw. :huh: That's usually the prices in Canadian $$$ for that car.

anybody know a price yet?

My guess is $42-45k for the fully loaded Ultra Luxury model.

What is the current 2006 ES MSRP? That sounds a tad high imo sw. :huh: That's usually the prices in Canadian $$$ for that car.

I bought my 06 11/30/05. All options except adjustable pedals or any satellite radio, $39767.

Yep, mine was $39,670 new, all options but AVS and chrome wheels which weren't availiable here.

I don't think $42-45k is out of line at all for the ultra luxury version. The mainstream car will be $37kish and will probably have nav/levinson but the normal sunroof etc.

Keep in mind an IS350 can get p to $47k.

And I hate gold cars ;)

And I hate gold cars ;)

Ummmmmm what? :blink:

What does that have to do with the price of the car?

Anybody else feeling the nostalgia of that retro '70's brown??

post-10851-1139535156_thumb.jpg

I had Ford Maverick - '72?? - that same color. What a machine that was!!! LOL LOL . Makes me want to cry just thinkin' about it ....

But I will agree with most others so far - I wasn't impressed with the initial "leaked" photos, but these official ones make the car look MUCH nicer. I like it better than the model it's replacing. I'll have to see it in person and close up to really decide, of course, but I'm starting to come around to liking it.

Now, if you could get one in brown, with brown vinyl bucket seats and a 2-speed auto trans... my '70's retro flashback would be complete. Groan....

tck....

OMG! Your kidding? :blink: My parents had a 1976 Maverick.........it was Factory Orange! :lol: I swear! :D You couldn't loose that car in a crowded parking if you tried. B)

Never mind sw......I will assume you were responding about the brown colour. ;)

This might be a silly question for some but.....

I saw a Motortrend video clip on CL about the new ES......they showed under the hood & it has most of the engine compartment covered with a black plastic material......which I have seen sooem automakers use recently......what's the deal what that? :blink::rolleyes: for appearance? :lol: Appearance for what & for who? Personally I like lifting the hood & seeing all the components.

That's a huge pain in the butt when a tech needs to get at certain components......I realize & am sure that stuff easily clicks off to gain access.......but there is really no need to do it anyway! :chairshot: Looks like crap. :whistles: