2007 Es

amf1932

Not sure if it's just me, but from the side view pics.......the doors look really 'slabsided'....I mean much more so than the other new Lexus products (it's suppose to be basically a 'baby LS' if you will......but the LS dosen't look so awkward probably because it's larger & therefore better proportioned).....no bodyside mouldings, creases in the sheetmetal or anything......folks are going to have a lot of minor dents & dings in those doors in the future! :(

I really hope this new ES looks much better live & in living colour. :blink: ^_^

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that may be the angle of the pics too.

I'm trying to adjust the pic of the interior but I don't have a photo program that will angle it about 30 degrees...

As for the sides, anyone else notice the car is missing the chrome band at the base of the doors the LS, GS, and IS has? I figured it would become a styling theme but evidently not.

I'm trying to adjust the pic of the interior but I don't have a photo program that will angle it about 30 degrees...

As for the sides, anyone else notice the car is missing the chrome band at the base of the doors the LS, GS, and IS has? I figured it would become a styling theme but evidently not.

I noticed the chrome band is missing too. :(

Anybody know when these things are due in showrooms?

I'm guessing many of us will get an 'invite' to the ES launch at our local Lexus dealer (I was invited for the GS & IS too but didn't go)......I think I'm going to attend this one. B)

:cheers:

Its almost like they really don't care about the ES. It seems unfinished to me where its apparent on the IS, GS, and LS that every last detail has been painstakingly debated and decided upon. The lack of the chrome applique to the base of the doors, that oval surround can't have played well with conservative ES focus groups unless it really does look drastically different in person.

Its not a world sedan, but its their best selling car in the US 3 to 1, they need to understand that a LOT of people that come to Lexus come through the ES.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be driving mine until I can swing the LS, or I'll wind up in something else like an Infiniti M35. I spent some time in the M35 at the car show and really like it, the interior on that thing is really something special, reminds me of the teak on my dad's sailboat. I haven't driven one, but its not going to ride like a Lexus I'm sure. Shame. Then the resale...ugh.

No matter really, I ran out to get something from the store and took mine, the interior really is a thing of beauty, and she's as graceful as she was when she was new...

I noticed that about the chrome as well.

You know you could be right about the angle of the pictures.

I think that it will look better in person.

Its almost like they really don't care about the ES. It seems unfinished to me where its apparent on the IS, GS, and LS that every last detail has been painstakingly debated and decided upon. The lack of the chrome applique to the base of the doors, that oval surround can't have played well with conservative ES focus groups unless it really does look drastically different in person.

Its not a world sedan, but its their best selling car in the US 3 to 1, they need to understand that a LOT of people that come to Lexus come through the ES.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be driving mine until I can swing the LS, or I'll wind up in something else like an Infiniti M35. I spent some time in the M35 at the car show and really like it, the interior on that thing is really something special, reminds me of the teak on my dad's sailboat. I haven't driven one, but its not going to ride like a Lexus I'm sure. Shame. Then the resale...ugh.

No matter really, I ran out to get something from the store and took mine, the interior really is a thing of beauty, and she's as graceful as she was when she was new...

You know, i was thinking that we are looking at sneak pictures. For all we know it could not be done yet. :unsure:

Well said sw.....I agree! Unless the pics we have here are an unfinished test mule.......maybe the 'official' unveiling will have that chrome piece at the Chicago show. :unsure:

But I'm kinda liking the new Camry V6 SE with the subtle spoiler & nicer looking taillights (the orange turn siginal lenses are not as noticable on the new Camry as they are on the ES). But I think the ES has a much nicer looking front end. B)

I can plainly see the chrome in that picture. Let me find you another one.

I can't find a clearer picture but trust me, it has chrome rimmed gauges inside the gauge face, like the GX470 does. The ES probably will too.

One plus for the new ES interior, I like the traditional speedo next to tach gauge cluster over the 3 pod cluster it has now.

Oh I see. Typically people like that when it comes to sportier cars, but for a car like the LS or ES I prefer the one single cluster. Obviously most others do too or they wouldn't have made the change.

If you look at almost all luxury sedans they have one cluster.

mv59vc.jpg

02.jpg

Acura RL? Teehee. :D

I see it too! :cheers:

Camry vs ES350 - DASHBOARDS

Which one do YOU like best?!

2007ToyotaCamry04.jpg

2007LexusES350e.jpg

Craig!! :)

I like the Camry's interior a lot more eventhough the ES's color scheme is 10x better. The navi//stereo/ac area is a step in the wrong direction; it's both strange and unappealing. It sort of reminds me of the mid-late 90's Taurus interior with the oval theme. lol I've never been fond of the "T" shaped steering wheel either.

Oh I see. Typically people like that when it comes to sportier cars, but for a car like the LS or ES I prefer the one single cluster. Obviously most others do too or they wouldn't have made the change.

If you look at almost all luxury sedans they have one cluster.

I'd have to agree, my luxury sedan sports the single cluster, and might I say, it sure does a fine job of it. :whistles: :rolleyes:

No but seriously, I agree with you. :)

post-18112-1139159489_thumb.jpg

I kinda like how my 4Runner has the recessed gauges in the dash, but not 3-pod type where it looks like you're staring down a tube to see the gauges.

post-18112-1139159573_thumb.jpg

P.S. PLease excuse my hairy legs... :geek::lol:

My opinion of the Camry and ES dash's

Camry's CON's

1. I don't care much for the silver plastic on the steering

2. the silver plastic around the nav looks cheep, reminds me of the new lincoln (?)

3. the yellow wood "only" around the shifter and not on the steering wheel looks terrible

4. don't like the caravan "mini thin dash thing" on the top of the dash in the center showing the time etc.

5. i don't like how the Tach "goes into" the speedometer (i like the seperate circles)

Camry's PRO's

1. the dark tan and ivory goes very well together, as the black and ivory does not in my opinion.

2. the optitronic gauges with the tinting film look great

3. ...

ES's CON's

1. gauges no longer have the tinting film to give it that "all black and white" look even during the day

2. that circular top over the AC vents looks terrible

3. the black and ivory dash looks terrible in my opinion. I guess this is where Lexus is going now, since all their new models have this scheme...

ES's PRO's

1. This 3 spoke steering wheel design is much better than the 04-06 3 spoke design!

2. This brown/red wood color is much better than the "purple" or yellow on the 02+ ES's

3. i love the shifter knob sesign

Just my opinion! I do like the 07 LS dash much better though.

I think the dash of the new Camry 'flows' better than the ES at least in the pics. It appears there is more storage space (sides of the lower middle part of the dash) too. B)

One of the things i have always complained about with lexus (though they have gotten better in recent years) is there wood trim, or rather...the LACK thereof. granted they are doing better now than they were int he mid 90's. I personally love wood trim. You have to be careful though, as it can be overdone.

and the oval dash DOES NOT flow well at all. i dont want to look at humpty dumpty every time i change a CD or look at the temperature in the car! :rolleyes:

I'm sure the gauges will still go to all black, thats just the sunlight illuminating the inside of the cluster.

As for the silver in the Camry, gotta see that in person its actually a clear plastic overlay with a silver underneath it, pretty cool.