2007 Es

amf1932

I like the Camry's exterior; the front reminds me of the Mazda 6 which is always good. However, the interior colors look so dull....sounds like a great oppertunity to better differentiate from the ES. Here are some pics of the Camry, uncovered:

http://autoblog.com/2006/01/09/2007-toyota...ecs-and-photos/

The Camry SE's are going to have crappy factory tires (I will assume the 'base' 2007 ES will have these size tires standard with optional 18's) as there is not many good choices in the 215 55 17 which echo's Steviej's comments earlier.......when will the car companies get it together? :chairshot: :censored:

I will be pleased if these cars come with the Michelin MXV4's as standard over the Bridgestone RE 92's or the Turanza ES 42's :rolleyes::angry: But I won't hold my breath.

:cheers:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2007 ES is finally revealed...

2007 Lexus ES350

The best pics yet byo! Much appreciated...... :D B) I wonder if Lexus head office is going to yank these now (or force them to be yanked)? :(

Just curious (not sure if you will tell or not though lol)....who tipped you off about these & how did you get em? :huh:

I wouldn't be surprised if these pics are yanked by the end of the day... it's pretty rare for Toyota/Lexus pics to surface before the car is officially unveiled. As far as where I found them... I am a member of a car spy photography group that has been following the new ES for quite some time. There was a link to these photos posted on the board this morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if these pics are yanked by the end of the day... it's pretty rare for Toyota/Lexus pics to surface before the car is officially unveiled. As far as where I found them... I am a member of a car spy photography group that has been following the new ES for quite some time. There was a link to these photos posted on the board this morning.

You the man byo! B) :D

I have a pretty good idea here, however I will ask anyways to confirm things (I'm sure others might be wondering too).....what really is the big deal for these pics to surface on the net & why does Lexus get so peeved exactly? I mean the car is 'made public' in a little over a week! Wouldn't Lexus want folks in the ES forums want us to see these....even if a tad early....we are currently their clientele? Free advertising! :blink: :whistles: It's not like there are any technical specs really (if we want most of those....we can get a general idea from the all new Camry's anyways!) ;)

The 2007 ES is finally revealed...

2007 Lexus ES350

I don't love it. Looks like every other jellybean on the road.

The jury is still out for me.....I will have to see other pics in several different colours first or maybe live & in living colour. The side view is very 'Camryish' though :huh: ........more so than previous generations imo....at least from these initial pics. Not too happy with the orange turn siginals at the back either (the new Camry's rear end actually looks better I think with nicer tail lamps). :unsure: No complaints about the front end however as Lexus nailed that! B)

I have mixed feelings about this new ES. I like the design of the exterior... my main complaint with that is that the doors seem enormous. They need some sort of detail in the middle to break them up. Of course, this color doesn't do much to help that. I'm sure the official press photos that Lexus releases will show the ES in a darker color. On the interior, everything is quite nice, except for the vent area of the center stack. Every other Lexus model is going with sleek, straight interior designs. This ovoid dash is completely out of place in a Lexus. It would be better suited in a Buick.

the backside looks like a hyundai.

same goes for the GS and the camry. all of them look hyundaish.

i liked the curve of the GS backdoor window and the outgoing ES window. That was one thing that set it apart from the cheap look of the last camry. now they're both the same doors and windows.

in the end, the camry is still butt ugly, and the ES is bland.

I see the ES as the IS' fat sister.

Hmmm, I'll have to see it in person. The center stack is really odd, and the interior looks a tad disjointed to me, not as fluid as the IS, GS, or LS.

The interior of the IS looks classier and more understated which is weird...

Gotta see better pics, and gotta see it in person before we judge.

OH GOD what is with that round dash where the vents are...that looks really bad to me...maybe ill get used to them but that is really radical compared to what im used to from lexus

Yeah, I found the dash in the new Camry nicer actually. :blink:

mv59vc.jpg

02.jpg

Acura RL? Teehee. :D

Strong resemblance to the Acura, it's true. But...

The front of both Acura and Lexus look like this to me...

post-10851-1138757565_thumb.jpg

My parents' 02 Chevy Impala...

The rest of the exterior looks exactly like a Camry... surprise!

Interior?

* That center stack... blech!!

* Who thought they grey dash top and beige lower dash was a good idea?

* Hate the reddish wood - just doesn't go with anything!

No wonder Lexus doesn't want pix released. I'm underwhelmed by what I see so far.

I hope it looks better in person.

tck...

Oh I don't know. I think the new ES & Camry are pretty handsome. Not as big "looking" as others in their class, but well proportioned & good looking interiors.

It's all a style thing. Let's face it the lines of the new car looks pretty similar to countless other "Up-to-date" cars ins tyle now. To me, it's the same way as I think of the 80's. If it has little wheels & looks like a box-80's.

The rear 1/4 lines & back door on nearly any modern sedan looks pretty much the same to me. That's not a bad thing... Looks good to me.

mv59vc.jpg

02.jpg

Acura RL? Teehee. :D

Strong resemblance to the Acura, it's true. But...

The front of both Acura and Lexus look like this to me...

post-10851-1138757565_thumb.jpg

My parents' 02 Chevy Impala...

The rest of the exterior looks exactly like a Camry... surprise!

Amen! :lol:

* Who thought they grey dash top and beige lower dash was a good idea?

Lexus has been doing that since 1995.

I hope it looks better in person

Lexus designs usually do.

I just keep going back to the styling of my car, I really didnt like it at first but its grown on me and now I think its one of the best looking sedans on the road. Maybe this will too.

I think part of my issue is that the reason I like my version of the ES is that it looks and feels like a much more expensive and larger car than it is. Its a lot of car from a substance and an image standpoint for the money. Cars like the C class, 3 series, and TL are racier more "hip" and upright sports sedans, for the same price with the ES you get a long elegant luxury sedan with a mature feel to it. Thats what I think I'm missing here. This ES, like a TL, looks like a $30,000 car. Everyone is always shocked when they find out my car only cost $39,000, I don't think anyone would be shocked that this car cost $30k let alone 39k.

Time will tell though, we'll just have to wait and see but honestly I think the IS has a more put together mature look to it, especially inside. I like the ad shot of the black one a lot, but I'm not feeling the silver one.

Maybe its the angles, I know my generation ES looks bad in pictures because the angles have to be right.

I just noticed, every new lexus, or car for that matter, has the dome rings where the gauges are, i love that. Its a shame they didnt do that for the ES and the new LS.

The new LS does have chrome rimmed gauges, the chrome is just underneath the tinted gauge cover. Won't be sure about the ES until we see better pictures.