2007 Es

amf1932

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Camry platform has always had AWD on the small displacement i4's outside of North America. it didn't sell the first time the Camry & Celica had AWD, so it's highly unlikely anyone here would buy them now.

Anyways, It'd be an extreme shocker.

jweiss it would have to happen later down the road. Right now the Kentucky plant is going to build the hybrid Camry's, but the Tsutsumi plant has no Export (i.e. non jdm) Camry, Window, or ES slated for the hybrid stuff.

But ya, I would expect a hybrid option later. Just not now. Give it a couple years. My bet is that it'll happen in '09. 2 1/2 year product update cycle. ;)

2007LexusES.jpg

I like the look of this better than the front end of the new Camry! Looking very forward to the occicial unveiling. B) :D Won't be long now. AMF, what site did you find these pics on? :unsure: Are there anymore? ;) What auto show is the new ES set to debut? I assume the Chicago show? B)

:cheers:

Why is it covered in tape?

It is a test bull. It may or may not have that body style. Something very close though.

I think the car covered in tape...is actually the 07 Camry. Look at the grill where the Toyota logo is..it's the 07 Camry...can't really tell..but you can see a hump where it would be. The rear tail lights are the new 07 Camry too.

I really like it, maybe I'll wind up in one of these instead of a new LS next spring. I'm glad they moved the emblem to the grill.

I also like the new styling theme in the grills, horizontal slats in the grille for the luxury minded cars, the LS, ES, and SC. Vertical slats for the sporty cars, the GS and IS.

We'll see how big a payment difference they'll be. When the ES is such a good car though its hard to justify spending $30k more on an LS and doubling the payment, that was the same issue I had last time. I really want an LS, but the practicality meter just doesn't compute.

I really like it, maybe I'll wind up in one of these instead of a new LS next spring. I'm glad they moved the emblem to the grill.

We'll see how big a payment difference they'll be. When the ES is such a good car though its hard to justify spending $30k more on an LS and doubling the payment, that was the same issue I had last time. I really want an LS, but the practicality meter just doesn't compute.

I have to concur sw. B)

:cheers:

Especially with 275hp, if its going to have a UL package with a lot of goodies. You'll have 6 sec 0-60 times.

The current ES rides and drives so similarly to the current LS, if the next ES does the same and shares a more similar look (I like the big-body full grille look over the flatter looking ES) that'll be just icing on the cake.

I like the Camry's exterior; the front reminds me of the Mazda 6 which is always good. However, the interior colors look so dull....sounds like a great oppertunity to better differentiate from the ES. Here are some pics of the Camry, uncovered:

http://autoblog.com/2006/01/09/2007-toyota...ecs-and-photos/

9725_ABMBNPAGVFAAN.jpg

9726_LMEEPDKIBFZHF.jpg

this is the camry taped up. not the lex.

notice the cheap look

the front end of the ES in the brochure reminds me of an acura..... :(

I think he is right.

Look at the trunk bar (or where it would be under the cover/tape). To the right side of the trunk bar is what looks like a key hole. Camry has the keyhole, Lexus don't.

steviej