Gs400 Window Regulator

I've done some searching and I can't find a topic relating specifically to GS400 and window regulators.

The other day while rolling down my rear drivers side window, I heard a loud crack and soon after the window would not completely close.

This problem sounds similar to a problem that happens on some SC cars.

Anyone have this issue on their GS400?

Is there a DIY fix?

TSB?

A FAQ or instructions on how to remove the rear door panels?

Part #'s?

I've done some searching and I can't find a topic relating specifically to GS400 and window regulators.

The other day while rolling down my rear drivers side window, I heard a loud crack and soon after the window would not completely close.

Is there a DIY fix?

TSB?

Part #'s?

It's pretty common on the 1st gen GS3's, not sure about the GS4. Usually on the GS3 though if the regulator breaks the windiw falls down and won't stay up. So check the motor and tracks as well <_<

Is there a DIY fix?

TSB?

Part #'s?

It's pretty common on the 1st gen GS3's, not sure about the GS4. Usually on the GS3 though if the regulator breaks the windiw falls down and won't stay up. So check the motor and tracks as well <_<

To motor is still working (I can hear it), there is some movement of the window but it won't rool down all the way. You can slid the window down by hand, so I need to get this fixed asap.

It would help if I could take off the door panel to see whats going on.

Anyone have instructions?

Is there a DIY fix?

TSB?

Part #'s?

To motor is still working (I can hear it), there is some movement of the window but it won't rool down all the way. You can slid the window down by hand, so I need to get this fixed asap.

It would help if I could take off the door panel to see whats going on.

Anyone have instructions?

Sounds like it's the regulator. <_<

Is there a DIY fix?

TSB?

Part #'s?

You didn't happen to search for the answer to removing the door panel? It's similar to the front which has been covered here about 10 times. I will cover it again. This time, specifically the rear door panel.

There is no TSB for 1998 relating to the window system. The part number for the motor is 8571030350 with an MSRP of $404.23. The part number for the regulator is 6980430240 with an MSRP of $122.19. It is a fairly straight forward job. The "book" gives 1.4 hours to do the job.

Get inside, have a look around. If you decide to replace the regulator make sure the new one is in the same position as to old one when you attach the motor. This will keep the motor position in sync with the regulator so that the pinch protection system still works. See the note in the .pdf.

It is possible that the lower glass channel has become detached from the glass or the top regulator bar. Look for loose of missing bolts and nuts.

Rear_Door_Regulator.pdf

I got the window fixed, it had come away from the rubber and metal bracket that lifts it.

Is there a PDF on how to remove the service panel in the door?

Or alternatively is there a way to reset the "anti-pinch" mecanism with out rotating the window motor?

There isn't any specific information about the service panel. Off the top of my head, I can't even recall such a panel.

If the auto up/down feature is working, the anti pinch should also be as well. To test it, roll the window down. When attempting to roll the window back up, push down on the glass. It should stop moving upward. If it does, you're A.O.K.

I should have phrased that better.

When I roll the window up (using auto up) it will close all the way and then roll down about half way.

When I roll the window up (using manual mode) it will roll up completely unless I push it too far and it will roll down half way again.

I'm assuming that I need to reset the anti pinch mech. to alleviate this problem.

In the PDF it says to remove the service panel. When I took off the door panel I am met with almost a full steel panel, there are small access doors. Unless I remove the service panel, I cannot even see the window motor.

Complete factory service manual on CD anyone???

I saw a couple of them on Ebay, any reputable dealer that anyone has purchased a service manual from???

Here's the story. The anti-pinch system monitors how much current the motor is using to lift the window. If the windows encounters an obstruction, the current draw increases and the door ECU reverses the movement of the window. The important factor to note is that the window motor contains a switch the tells the door ECU when the window is almost fully closed. It must be synchronized to the closed position of the window. Otherwise, the ECU thinks the window is not fully closed and has hit something; reversing direction when the glass hits the top seal.

From the best I can decipher from the Lexus instructions, you close the window fully. Tape the window over the top of the door so that it stays up.

Remove the motor from the regulator. Be careful that the glass doesn't drop down.

Run the window motor to the closed position. I'm imagining it will stop when the internal limit switch is reached.

Bolt the motor back to the regulator with the window in the fully closed position.

Remove the tape and hope for the best. :-)

Alternatively, remove the entire regulator from the door. Remove the motor, move the regulator to the fully up position. Run the motor up until it stops. Reassemble.

If you haven't seperated the motor from the regulator yoiu shouldn't really be encountering this problem.

(The service panel I have found is also referred to as the service hole cover in some texts. It is a cover that sometimes must be removed to access the screws which hold the bottom sash channel to the regulator bar.)